• Scam Alert. Members are reminded to NOT send money to buy anything. Don't buy things remote and have it shipped - go get it yourself, pay in person, and take your equipment with you. Scammers have burned people on this forum. Urgency, secrecy, excuses, selling for friend, newish members, FUD, are RED FLAGS. A video conference call is not adequate assurance. Face to face interactions are required. Please report suspicions to the forum admins. Stay Safe - anyone can get scammed.

Metal shaper. $7000, Melancthon, ON

985224b5-c01d-4235-baff-d79894cd65e5

Heck of shaper, but yeah, he's smoking at 7000.

I've bought from this guy and despite the impression he gives, overall would give him a half raised thumb. He's a mechanic and doesn't have much of a handle on machining stuff (obviously!). He can seem cantankerous, e.g. unless you are messaging saying "I'll take it, how can I pay you" you don't get a response. Questions go unanswered. So frustrating. BUT if you do buy something, he gives an honest description and the goods arrive well packaged when the should and he's pleasant enough to deal with. I guess we're all a little jaded after a few years of dealing with kijiji flotsam.

Overall rating? two stars, difficult but not a crook lol

That 2000-3000 range is about right for a 3500# machine. Cincinnati stayed in the game longer than the others, and so the machine looks like the ones at the end. If it runs well, and is 240V/3PH 7HP, it is well worth the 3000$ for a guy that wants a 20" shaper. Small market. Expect a 500$ price drop in January.

I'm more bearish on it than you guys. I see a very skinny market for it, few commercial shops (the very odd job shop sees their value to things like a blind internal keyway) would want it and its too much for most hobby guys (either you're' out of space or it has to go down the stairs or.....all the reason why you'd love to have it but haven't bought it lol)

Last edited:
It has a universal table and the original Shaper vise. $2000.00 I would buy it. It is in Ontario, way overpriced for that region.

I see a very skinny market for it,
For shapers that large, I fear you are right. In our market, 14-20" shapers seem to be higher priced than in Ontario. It is in such good looking condition, that here it would go for premium price.

I'm more bearish on it than you guys. I see a very skinny market for it, few commercial shops (the very odd job shop sees their value to things like a blind internal keyway) would want it and its too much for most hobby guys (either you're' out of space or it has to go down the stairs or.....all the reason why you'd love to have it but haven't bought it lol)
This seller is well known for being over priced on everything he has... he can afford to be because he has storage space coming out the butt... and he seems to find all the really hard to find goods. I've wanted to have a few items he was selling over the past few years but his prices are what I call perverted flasher level obscene.

He did knock two grand off the price, but even then never in a million years would I pay 5K

I have a lot of hours on a 26” stroke TOS shaper and like using them. This one doesn’t have table support, don’t think it has intact lube distribution tower, and is much older generation than newer Cinci’s. Positive is it does have universal table and vise. In my province roughly $1500 loaded and would take awhile to sell. No idea about Ontario.

I can’t sell my 20” for $1100.00 and it pretty much is like new. They are a wonderful machine but they kinda went the way of the dinosaurs.
Martin

People will poo poo machines not made in North America (or Europe) but you can get a brand new one from a factory in India (they still make them there!) for much less than his original price. Google "metal shaper india"

I have a lot of hours on a 26” stroke TOS shaper and like using them. This one doesn’t have table support, don’t think it has intact lube distribution tower, and is much older generation than newer Cinci’s. Positive is it does have universal table and vise. In my province roughly $1500 loaded and would take awhile to sell. No idea about Ontario.
Cincinnati shapers with universal tables could be ordered with or without front table supports.

Back