• Scam Alert. Members are reminded to NOT send money to buy anything. Don't buy things remote and have it shipped - go get it yourself, pay in person, and take your equipment with you. Scammers have burned people on this forum. Urgency, secrecy, excuses, selling for friend, newish members, FUD, are RED FLAGS. A video conference call is not adequate assurance. Face to face interactions are required. Please report suspicions to the forum admins. Stay Safe - anyone can get scammed.

Magnetic Chuck, Micro Parallels, V-Blocks $120 Calgary, AB

sigh. I might be a little towards the bargain-finding side of things, but his prices seem high (i reviewed all of his 33 listings) This might be reverse tire-kicking, or he looked up new prices and discounted 30% across the board.

None of these are good deals if he is firm on price. Best bought new in every case.

If he is flexible, then these are very nice pieces (assuming they are not counterfeit).

sigh. I might be a little towars the bargain-finding side of things, but his prices seem high (i reviewed all of his 33 listings)

I only look at this one, but imo for Mitutoyo, it seems cheap.

I've got some of these V blocks and always wondered about them as they have USA stamped on them as well as Mitutoyo. I notice the box in the listing also has both.

This is the only Mitutoyo item I've ever seen that is made in the USA. I've never heard of them having manufacturing there, did they license the name, rebrand someone else's stuff? Do they do that with other items? The Suzuki small hole gauges, right down to every detail on the packaging, are identical to the Mitutoyos ..... that plus these blocks makes me wonder if the actually make everything they sell?

did they license the name, rebrand someone else's stuff?
I worry about the same thing.

Mitutoyo now has 11 production facilities in Japan and six facilities in other countries."
Different source countries is making it easier for the Mit counterfeit sellers to fake it....
(I;m still unsure about the "Mitutoyo" adjustable parallels thing. I cannot see them shipping crap - but the supplier is still an official Mit dealer (??!!)

I've got some of these V blocks and always wondered about them as they have USA stamped on them as well as Mitutoyo. I notice the box in the listing also has both.

This is the only Mitutoyo item I've ever seen that is made in the USA. I've never heard of them having manufacturing there, did they license the name, rebrand someone else's stuff? Do they do that with other items? The Suzuki small hole gauges, right down to every detail on the packaging, are identical to the Mitutoyos ..... that plus these blocks makes me wonder if the actually make everything they sell?

I have two calipers, same brand and size. One got for $25 and one for like $45. Not $100.

He has M & W micrometer set for $200. I sold the exact same sets (2 of them) for around $120. Few months back.

Mastercraft electric impact wrench for $80??? Really? You can pick up brand name used in 20 - 30 range!

Angle grinder for 115 - this must be a joke - I can sell you same one for $50 and I think that is high.

Small tap and die set for $170... guy is high on something.

VIS (Poland) Micrometer. 0-1" for $65 - I think this is around new price or more. Maybe $20.

Small tap wrench for $45???? I have same quality stuff barely fit in drawer - I sell for $20 and that is high ;)

I agree - nothing this guy sells is a good price. All very high.

..... but how the heck did this one tool, with their brand, end up being made in the States?
I decided to (perhaps temporarily) put my money where my mouth is. I ordered the 6 pc Mitutoyo adjustable parallel set from DGI supply - someone I have bought real Mit stuff from in the past. $168.

I have assurances that if it isn't what I expected I can return for full refund incl shipping. We'll see.

FYI the comperable Aliexpress version is 33 CDN to 70 CDN.

Let's see!!

My Mit adjustable parallels are made in the USA. Japanese would probably be better.

Back