• Scam Alert. Members are reminded to NOT send money to buy anything. Don't buy things remote and have it shipped - go get it yourself, pay in person, and take your equipment with you. Scammers have burned people on this forum. Urgency, secrecy, excuses, selling for friend, newish members, FUD, are RED FLAGS. A video conference call is not adequate assurance. Face to face interactions are required. Please report suspicions to the forum admins. Stay Safe - anyone can get scammed.

MACHINIST TOOLS, Elgin, NB

JustaDB

Ultra Member

Tecnico

(Dave)
Premium Member

Cool! Something within a 3 hour drive!

Hard to tell what he has for sale for the TBD all-in one price.

The Starrett tap handles look interesting, I wonder what they would be worth? The shop-made tap handle in the background of that photo looks like a couple I have that my dad made, he taught in a vocational school.

Is that a digital inside set of calipers with the round blue housing? I’ve never seen one of those.

What am I missing about this offering?

He must have a really tough dog - feeds it hex nuts!

D :cool:

Susquatch

Ultra Member
Administrator
Premium Member
What am I missing about this offering?

Nothing really.

Anything in the Maritimes is rare and ALL of us like metrology. So I just assumed you guys should at least take a look.

FWIW, I LOVE Starrett Tap Handles! A deal on those would be money well spent.

Tecnico

(Dave)
Premium Member
Nothing really.

Anything in the Maritimes is rare and ALL of us like metrology. So I just assumed you guys should at least take a look.

FWIW, I LOVE Starrett Tap Handles! A deal on those would be money well spent.

You’re right almost anything out here is rare or overpriced - like those chucks I posted in the “Spotted” thread a while back.

The take a look thing isn’t so obvious though. I’m going to have to think about that one before I spend all day on the road and burn a tank of gas. Maybe a quick E-mail to ask for more details. Maybe when I’m up that way in a few weeks?

Any idea what those tap handles are worth? I don’t want to insult with a lowball but the same I wouldn’t want to overpay.

D :cool:

Susquatch

Ultra Member
Administrator
Premium Member
The tap handles are available on AMAZON and ITM at reasonable prices. Half price for used would be very fair. But it's hard to imagine tap handles getting so beat up as to need significant repair. Those Starretts are just awesome. I have a full set now.

This thread has a great discussion of them starting here:

Post in thread 'POS Tap Guide' https://canadianhobbymetalworkers.com/threads/pos-tap-guide.10907/post-154423

Brent H

Ultra Member
Well, @Susquatch - thanks for the heads up. About 2 hours from me, not bad. I think I am good with all they have to offer.

I have lots to update- the photo thing is not going great - I will check on my IPhone about making pics smaller but it really makes quick postings difficult.

Susquatch

Ultra Member
Administrator
Premium Member
I will check on my IPhone about making pics smaller but it really makes quick postings difficult.

I don't know the details because I don't have an iPhone. But I am given to understand that the iPhone will resize photos on the fly during the upload process. If I had an iPhone, I'd make some recommendations. Sorry I can't help more Brent.

Susquatch

Ultra Member
Administrator
Premium Member
Just hit the size you want and reclick the send button and you can smile like this.

Without an iPhone I can't try it.

But I am curious - what are you "sending" to?

Maybe list the steps you take to add a photo to a post on the forum?

It will help me to know, but even better, it will help those who have iPhones and need to know how to do it.

Tom O

Ultra Member
I usually email the picture to my IPad and go from there either way once you push insert it takes you to the photo storage.
For IPad
Click attach file on the page then on the iPad pick your photo click options IMG_1194.png

I go with medium then click done
IMG_1195.png

then click insert.
IMG_1196.png IMG_1179.png