• Scam Alert. Members are reminded to NOT send money to buy anything. Don't buy things remote and have it shipped - go get it yourself, pay in person, and take your equipment with you. Scammers have burned people on this forum. Urgency, secrecy, excuses, selling for friend, newish members, FUD, are RED FLAGS. A video conference call is not adequate assurance. Face to face interactions are required. Please report suspicions to the forum admins. Stay Safe - anyone can get scammed.

Long Chang LC-30A drilling & milling machine $1,200

I have that machine and it’s very well built compared to other RF clones of the same vintage.
$1200 is a good price.

For sale in Calgary.....

$_59.PNG

Last edited:
I have the same machine as well in my basement. Mostly machined key ways for myself and neighbors when fixing farm equipment. Would prefer if it had a R8 in place of the M3 spindle.

I haven’t found the MT3 spindle to be a limiting factor.
I have an ER32 collet chuck and a set of MT3 collets.
I recently bought a set of used TTS holders which I’m finding are my go to setup as they slip into a 3/4” collet.

I have the same machine. Got it for CNC conversion. It is indeed more solid then current vintage machines. From the 80s. Some cost cutting can be seen but it is solid nevertheless. Spindle bearings are made in Japan, through easy to replace (you need 4).

My machine came in a bit "worse" shape then this one and I got it at auction for under 400 CAD all in.

Mine is missing top cover. Also motor was from a drill press. No draw bar (almost made a new one, just few touches needed). Needed two new belts.

I have MT3 to ER32 and also got MT3 to ER25. I may want to get MT3 ER40 but I am unsure - the main job of the mill will be working with end mills up to around 12mm.

Machine is easily 600 lbs - whatever they say current RF-30 is and add 100 lbs. This one has *real* handles made of metal not some plastic. I made a stand for it that is around 100 lbs as well. With vise on her and electronics I expect the whole set to be close to 1000 lbs.

So far all parts are easily man handled. Through the table is around 100 lbs (top part).

Back