• Scam Alert. Members are reminded to NOT send money to buy anything. Don't buy things remote and have it shipped - go get it yourself, pay in person, and take your equipment with you. Scammers have burned people on this forum. Urgency, secrecy, excuses, selling for friend, newish members, FUD, are RED FLAGS. A video conference call is not adequate assurance. Face to face interactions are required. Please report suspicions to the forum admins. Stay Safe - anyone can get scammed.

Letter punches

How come the PA number stamp set only has 9 pieces?

Never mind LOL. 6 <=> 9

Last edited:
I sure hope they are - the PA center finding punches are made of moderate carbon steel probably hardened a bit or not. They are maybe 30 RHC. Lets just say that end up flat vs. any alloy steel. Only of limited use on A36.

I bet PA/ KMS/ BB letter / number sets are same hardness. I have not used mine yet on anything harder then some cast.

I have a set of letter punches from Lee Valley that seem quite durable.

Same thing with their hole transfer punches it went dull fairly fast when I put on the dro a few years back.

I agree on the hole transfer punches. I have 3 sets & some are very good some are kinda "like a box of choclats". all of Chinese origin.

But I do have a couple different sets of "powerfist" letter & # stamps that I have used a fair bit and they are holding their cymbals nicely. I do have a "machinist" set of much better quality...the major difference between the two is the quality of cymbal, a much finer,sharper cornered result using them.

Back