• Scam Alert. Members are reminded to NOT send money to buy anything. Don't buy things remote and have it shipped - go get it yourself, pay in person, and take your equipment with you. Scammers have burned people on this forum. Urgency, secrecy, excuses, selling for friend, newish members, FUD, are RED FLAGS. A video conference call is not adequate assurance. Face to face interactions are required. Please report suspicions to the forum admins. Stay Safe - anyone can get scammed.

Lathe Mill Cutter Grinder DRO etc. $4000 Vancouver

TorontoBuilder

Ultra Member
Okay people, as community members who are often the target of such scams we have a responsibility to report such scams.

Facebook doesn't do squat except remove the profile and ad, they dont block IP addresses used by scammers. You need to report this too to the fraud center. I did.

The fraud center will take information, particularly the payment information and use it to compel facebook to release the IP address and go after the scammers via their banks.

Please report this if you interacted with the scammer. In the reporting you can upload 5 files, try to upload screen caps asking for money, with the email address to send the money to, and the amount.

why report? Because if they charge person based on my account only it was $400. but if they get info from others the attempted value and penalties are potentially higher.

1683576651293.png

TorontoBuilder

Ultra Member
They'll have a new profile and ad up within a few hours.

I've seen several ads that looked just like this one and I suspect it is the same person or group doing this scam. They're based in Canada and need to be caught and convicted not just reported and sent to the corner for a few hours.

TorontoBuilder

Ultra Member
By the way people, please do use the report an ad feature on facebook if it looks suspicious, but when you see it is outright fraud email them at support@fb.com as well since email contact gets an expedited reaction... especially when you state you are also reporting to the police and request the retain the users IP address

Provide a link to the ad at a minimum.

1683578367427.png