• Scam Alert. Members are reminded to NOT send money to buy anything. Don't buy things remote and have it shipped - go get it yourself, pay in person, and take your equipment with you. Scammers have burned people on this forum. Urgency, secrecy, excuses, selling for friend, newish members, FUD, are RED FLAGS. A video conference call is not adequate assurance. Face to face interactions are required. Please report suspicions to the forum admins. Stay Safe - anyone can get scammed.

Is this a lathe base??

KeeponDragon

Super User
MP ad says it's a desk...but I don't think so with those uprights on either side
Steel Desk
Too bad it's in Rocky View...I have no means of getting it here for cheap.

459334587_869213348124988_725164428269261945_n.jpg

No, that’s a great old office desk. I had one at the plant years ago. The small uprights are feet/legs that would be screwed on under the drawer sections. The table top is flat. Lathe benches are usually narrower (longer relative to the width).

It is a desk with something added onto the top, I have a single file drawer pedestal of the same model in my shop.

Sturdy as a moose and could surely be used as a small lathe stand

It's a real desk. They were common in office environments in my day. Great shop desk if you ask me.

commonly known as tanker desks due to their solid build. I have a 1 drawer section one, its great.
No idea why the legs are on the top.
horribly expensive on Etsy

my guess is those are the feet; someone took them off and set them on top.

Was trendy awhile ago, maybe still is, to clean and clear coat so they're like the rat rod of desks. Heavy and solid.

thanks fellers for clarifying...
it's still too damn far away to bring home though...
I've been tasked with setting up the downstairs utility room with a workspace for the better 3/4's...
workbench, small vise, drawers, a couple cabinets.
before anyone suggests it...no...no benchtop machines...
my girl is a bit of a calamity with kitchen tools
I'd rather not have her lose anything important to the spinning whirly bits of a machine
:p

Back