• Scam Alert. Members are reminded to NOT send money to buy anything. Don't buy things remote and have it shipped - go get it yourself, pay in person, and take your equipment with you. Scammers have burned people on this forum. Urgency, secrecy, excuses, selling for friend, newish members, FUD, are RED FLAGS. A video conference call is not adequate assurance. Face to face interactions are required. Please report suspicions to the forum admins. Stay Safe - anyone can get scammed.

Is Busy Bee ever going to open a new store in BC ?

whydontu

I Tried, It Broke
Premium Member
I doubt it. I spent an enormous amount of money at BB, but the reality is Grizzly in Bellingham is two hours from downtown Vancouver, has infinitely better service than BB, much broader product selection, and much friendlier staff. Plus the pilgrimage to Grizzly also allows the Cruise Director to go shopping at Trader Joes.

Last month I tried to buy some parts for my BB CT129 mill from BB, never got an answer from them. I went online to Grizzly, looked up the parts I needed, ordered them, and had them in my hands a week later. Still haven’t heard anything from BB…

6.5 Fan

Ultra Member
Premium Member
Last month I tried to buy some parts for my BB CT129 mill from BB, never got an answer from them. I went online to Grizzly, looked up the parts I needed, ordered them, and had them in my hands a week later. Still haven’t heard anything from BB…
Same problem i have, sent an email looking for parts, got a responce right away, then crickets. Just sent another email the other day as a follow up, no reply. Frickken Frackken Bastiches.

Larry_C9

Super User
Premium Member
I haven't had to contact them for a while, but I used to phone the 800 number and ask to be put through to parts. It seemed to work every time and I got to talk to someone to place my order.

6.5 Fan

Ultra Member
Premium Member
I haven't had to contact them for a while, but I used to phone the 800 number and ask to be put through to parts. It seemed to work every time and I got to talk to someone to place my order.
I will try that, thanks.

whydontu

I Tried, It Broke
Premium Member
Finally gotr a reply from BB. Initial request sent April 1st, inadequate and useless reply received July 2nd.

Does anyone at BB belong to this forum? Do you think this exchange will ever get to someone at BB who would understand how bad this looks?

Date: July 2, 2024 at 1:02:57 PM PDT
To: Sheldon
Subject: [Busy Bee Tools] Re: * NAME Sheldon * PHONE NUMBER +1604xxxxxxx * EMAIL ADDRESS xxxxx * MODEL # OF YOUR MACHINE YOU NEED PARTS FOR CT129 Mill, MT2...
Reply-To:
Busy Bee Tools <busybee@busybeetools.com>

Your request (74892) has been updated. To add additional comments, reply to this email.

Lavi (Busy Bee Tools)
Jul 2, 2024, 16:02 EDT

Dear Sheldon,
I hope this message finds you well.

We are reaching out regarding your support ticket. We sincerely apologize for the delay in addressing your concerns.
We regret any inconvenience this delay may have caused. To ensure we can assist you effectively, we kindly ask if you still require support regarding this issue or if it has been resolved.
Please let us know how you would like to proceed:
If the issue has been resolved, please inform us so we can close the ticket.
If you still need assistance, please provide any additional details or updates.
Thank you for your understanding and patience.

Regards,
Lavi

Ecommerce Order Support Agent
www.busybeetools.com
1-800-461-BUSY (2879)

Amanda (Busy Bee Tools)
Apr 1, 2024, 12:54 EDT
* NAME
Sheldon

* PHONE NUMBER
+16045xxxxx

* EMAIL ADDRESS
xxxx.net

* MODEL # OF YOUR MACHINE YOU NEED PARTS FOR
CT129 Mill, MT2 Quill

* PART # FROM YOUR USER MANUAL YOU ARE LOOKING FOR
#209 P0704209 37-tooth gear
Regards,
Busy Bee Tools
1-800-461-2879

[KJ571G-X45RM]

Doggggboy

Ultra Member
Didn't somebody from one of the tool supply stores briefly make an appearance on the forum several years ago? Was it Busy Bee or KMs or KBC?

Ironman

Ultra Member
I don't see it happening. I think the cost of mainland real estate is a big barrier to both retail and folks trying to get a house with shop space.
And if you do, an unfriendly government to deal with.
But as far as land cost goes, they could get out of the lower mainland and as long as they had a transport location nearby, they can still ship their product.
Chilliwack area comes to mind. Way too far for most citiots to go, but still...

Susquatch

Ultra Member
Administrator
Premium Member
2 posts on the same day and then nothing -

Bunch of PMs and a few emails after that.

Finally gotr a reply from BB. Initial request sent April 1st, inadequate and useless reply received July 2nd.

Jezz, that's awful. And ridiculous too. I understand the owners of Busy Bee and Grizzly are brothers. I sure hope my Taper Attachment doesn't go the same way. It's in process now.

If I were you, I'd be looking for an email address for senior mgmt at BBee.