• Scam Alert. Members are reminded to NOT send money to buy anything. Don't buy things remote and have it shipped - go get it yourself, pay in person, and take your equipment with you. Scammers have burned people on this forum. Urgency, secrecy, excuses, selling for friend, newish members, FUD, are RED FLAGS. A video conference call is not adequate assurance. Face to face interactions are required. Please report suspicions to the forum admins. Stay Safe - anyone can get scammed.

Tool I also finished 10 pieces of lathe tool holder

Tool

a smile

Lifelong hobby - cold iron
Premium Member
In addition, 10 quick-change tool holders were made.
35.jpg a1 (5).jpg

All through profiles are machined using EDM lines
30.JPG

What it looks like after cleaning
a1 (10).jpg

27.jpg
This is my favorite color.
25.jpg
The grinding machine is used to process six faces and, most importantly, V-slots.
23.JPG

03.JPG 02.JPG
05-jpg.49359

IMG_9827.JPG IMG_9830.JPG

Attachments

• 05.JPG
    05.JPG
    216.2 KB · Views: 64
Last edited:

Susquatch

Ultra Member
Administrator
Premium Member
Those are beautiful! Could you make money selling them?

A question - there seems to be a lot more to this height adjustment than is obvious. What are the details?

02.JPG

a smile

Lifelong hobby - cold iron
Premium Member
Those are beautiful! Could you make money selling them?

A question - there seems to be a lot more to this height adjustment than is obvious. What are the details?

This is the original design, I have changed some sizes according to my own aesthetic direction, but my knurled is not clear enough. The structure is very simple, the internal is M16*2 metric thread.

000_看图王.jpg
The iron red one is one of the 100 customized ones I found in the factory, and the thread is very poor, and the concentricity is also very poor, which makes me lose confidence. So I had to make my own screws and nuts. Then use standard mechanical screws to lock.
My principle is that as long as the standard parts can be bought, I will never make them.

2024_07_05_11_06_IMG_9823_看图王(1).jpg

Susquatch

Ultra Member
Administrator
Premium Member

This is TOTALLY fascinating! I never would have known all that complexity was all in there. Even @a smile 's photos didn't show that.

Thanks for guessing that I really didn't know despite thinking I did John!

Now I finally understand why @thestelster went broke buying a set.

I'm still not buying them......

I'll never go to the trouble of making cams like that, but I might play with making some improved adjustment nuts.