• Scam Alert. Members are reminded to NOT send money to buy anything. Don't buy things remote and have it shipped - go get it yourself, pay in person, and take your equipment with you. Scammers have burned people on this forum. Urgency, secrecy, excuses, selling for friend, newish members, FUD, are RED FLAGS. A video conference call is not adequate assurance. Face to face interactions are required. Please report suspicions to the forum admins. Stay Safe - anyone can get scammed.

Hyster model S50F propane powered forklift (asking $4500 OBO)

John Conroy

Premium Member
I'm listing this for a friend who has recently closed his machine/fabrication shop. He has owned it for over 30 years and it was built between 1969 and 1975 I think . We recently replaced one of the main hydraulic tank supply hoses, rebuilt the starter motor, replaced the brake master cylinder and replaced the engine cylinder head gasket. While the head was off it was treated to a 3 angle valve job and new valve seals. It is powered by a GM industrial 153 cubic inch 4 cylinder engine and parts are readily available from our local Hyster dealer (Wajax Edmonton). It comes with a nearly new safety work platform as well as short and long forks.

The upside is It runs like a top and the hydraulics all work. It was originally equipped with side shift but that feature and all the related hardware have been removed. I has a 217 inch maximum lift height. It has a new seat. It has a max lift capacity of 4200 lbs and weighs 8750 lbs. The downside is it needs more brake work. I replaced the master cylinder as it was leaking but the wheel cylinders leak slowly and the bleeder screws have been broken off sometime in the past. The brake pedal is quite low and there may be other parts needed. I have not removed the wheels and brake drums to inspect the condition of the shoes and drums. I'll leave that work for someone younger and more fit. It can be viewed and tested at a warehouse near 59th Ave and 87th street in Edmonton.

I have a similar sized forklift, and I can say it gets a lot of use, almost every day. Mine was electric, and I got rid of the green and installed a hydro-static drive. It cost me $250 and $1000 for the hydraulic parts. worth every penny, his unit looks good.

Attachments

• DSC02128.JPG
    DSC02128.JPG
    45.5 KB · Views: 4
  • DSC02209.JPG
    DSC02209.JPG
    80 KB · Views: 4
  • DSC02079.JPG
    DSC02079.JPG
    68.5 KB · Views: 4
Back