• Scam Alert. Members are reminded to NOT send money to buy anything. Don't buy things remote and have it shipped - go get it yourself, pay in person, and take your equipment with you. Scammers have burned people on this forum. Urgency, secrecy, excuses, selling for friend, newish members, FUD, are RED FLAGS. A video conference call is not adequate assurance. Face to face interactions are required. Please report suspicions to the forum admins. Stay Safe - anyone can get scammed.

Husky Lathe in Edmonton (kijiji)

I'm not an expert but that seems high to me. If the extras are what's in the pictures, the only things of much value is the 4-jaw chuck, drill chuck in the tailstock and the quick change toolpost though I don't see any other toolholders. The steady rest would have come with the lathe.
I'd be hard pressed to pay more than $1500-$1700 but that's just me...

This is one of taiwanese lathes that was produced under a zillion different names, http://www.lathes.co.uk/taiwan/.
You should be able to see oil in the site glasses but they look empty, might be a red flag.
Definitely a $2k or less machine unless there is a pile of goodies not shown.

While not a "steal" if that's what you are looking for, a new machine of similar quality/grade will probably be in the 5 grand range now (I paid $3200,listed at $3600, for mine in mid 90's). The machine appears to have not a lot of work done with it at first glance, if someone was looking at a new machine this might be an attractive option, leaves a bit of cash for up-grades/tooling .

Back