• Scam Alert. Members are reminded to NOT send money to buy anything. Don't buy things remote and have it shipped - go get it yourself, pay in person, and take your equipment with you. Scammers have burned people on this forum. Urgency, secrecy, excuses, selling for friend, newish members, FUD, are RED FLAGS. A video conference call is not adequate assurance. Face to face interactions are required. Please report suspicions to the forum admins. Stay Safe - anyone can get scammed.

Harrison 7 inch lathe, $1,400 Calgary AB

I’d say it has a missing gap and the chucks while usable are too big for it, I also see that the chuck doesn’t touch the backplate?

Is that a 3J cucked up in a 4J?
I’m wondering if he has the backing plate for the 3 jaw I belive theHarrison has a screw on collar that chuck may be undersize or for a Colchester maybe but it looks like the key on the taper is visible!:eek:

Seller has responded and said he does have the lead/feed and threading screws for the machine. He was also incredibly brief in his responses. I may take time today to go look at it and see whats up.

I think that's the best to go have a look then you will have a better idea, if he is brief with his answers he maybe hiding something or possibly lazy or had a lot of questions. One thing I have found is sometimes a low offer will often bring out more information out of a person when put in a way that the offer reflects the information being offered. Good luck to you;)

Back