• Scam Alert. Members are reminded to NOT send money to buy anything. Don't buy things remote and have it shipped - go get it yourself, pay in person, and take your equipment with you. Scammers have burned people on this forum. Urgency, secrecy, excuses, selling for friend, newish members, FUD, are RED FLAGS. A video conference call is not adequate assurance. Face to face interactions are required. Please report suspicions to the forum admins. Stay Safe - anyone can get scammed.

Hamilton Model Engineers Club

trlvn

Ultra Member
Hi:

There are two events coming up:

1) All-clubs day -- Sunday September 15, 2024 at the Hamilton Steam Museum. There will be free rides on the two model train lines on the site--fun for all ages! This is a combined effort of the Golden Horseshoe Live Steamers, the Toronto Society of Model Engineers and the Hamilton Model Engineers Club. Set up begins at 9:00 AM and runs through to 4:00 PM. There will also be displays of models both static and running on compressed air.

2) First meeting of HMEC for 2024/25 is on Tuesday September 17, 2024 starting at 7:00 pm. In the 'Woodshed' meeting room of the Hamilton Steam Museum. Meetings generally include presentations by members on interesting projects, tools, techniques and other topics. Free coffee and snacks and opportunities to chat with like-minded folks. Annual dues are only $20 but guests are always welcome. Several members here attend there regularly.

Craig

I had full intentions of driving in this morning with the kids to check out the model trains, but they've both been sick all weekend so we couldn't make it :(. I hope you had a good turnout, I've always wanted to visit, but rarely find myself in the area.

Hi:

There are two events coming up:

1) All-clubs day -- Sunday September 15, 2024 at the Hamilton Steam Museum. There will be free rides on the two model train lines on the site--fun for all ages! This is a combined effort of the Golden Horseshoe Live Steamers, the Toronto Society of Model Engineers and the Hamilton Model Engineers Club. Set up begins at 9:00 AM and runs through to 4:00 PM. There will also be displays of models both static and running on compressed air.

2) First meeting of HMEC for 2024/25 is on Tuesday September 17, 2024 starting at 7:00 pm. In the 'Woodshed' meeting room of the Hamilton Steam Museum. Meetings generally include presentations by members on interesting projects, tools, techniques and other topics. Free coffee and snacks and opportunities to chat with like-minded folks. Annual dues are only $20 but guests are always welcome. Several members here attend there regularly.

Craig
I wish I'd have seen this earlier. Maybe Tuesday night I can go

It was a really nice day for the gathering. So nice...I didn't take any general shots to share! :oops:

For 2024/25, a number of members are each going to build a "simple" model. A long-time member, David Croft, created plans and wrote a detailed article supporting "A Simple Steam Engine for the Novice". About 10 of us are going to have a go at it this year. Mr. Croft was not there in person today but his engine was:

IMG_5300_crop.jpg

IMG_5297_crop.jpg

For reference, the base is 2 by 2-5/8 inches. The "bolts" are mainly #5-44 and #4-40. It is not very big!!

I can't speak for the club but I imagine that those of you at a distance could get the plans and give it a whirl as well. Please pm me if you are interested and I'll check at the meeting on Tuesday night (Sep 17) about sharing the plans.

Craig

It was a really nice day for the gathering. So nice...I didn't take any general shots to share! :oops:

For 2024/25, a number of members are each going to build a "simple" model. A long-time member, David Croft, created plans and wrote a detailed article supporting "A Simple Steam Engine for the Novice". About 10 of us are going to have a go at it this year. Mr. Croft was not there in person today but his engine was:

For reference, the base is 2 by 2-5/8 inches. The "bolts" are mainly #5-44 and #4-40. It is not very big!!

I can't speak for the club but I imagine that those of you at a distance could get the plans and give it a whirl as well. Please pm me if you are interested and I'll check at the meeting on Tuesday night (Sep 17) about sharing the plans.

Craig

This engine looks like a great little project.

Sunday's meetup was a treat; weather was perfect. Lots of interesting projects to examine. Caught up with some old friends and made some new acquaintances.

Looking forward to the monthly meetings.

Chris

Back