• Scam Alert. Members are reminded to NOT send money to buy anything. Don't buy things remote and have it shipped - go get it yourself, pay in person, and take your equipment with you. Scammers have burned people on this forum. Urgency, secrecy, excuses, selling for friend, newish members, FUD, are RED FLAGS. A video conference call is not adequate assurance. Face to face interactions are required. Please report suspicions to the forum admins. Stay Safe - anyone can get scammed.

Guy Lautard Bedside Readers

I don’t know what happened to Guy, I think the internet killed his business. I heard he got divorced and his wife got the write’s to his publishing stuff.

He has issued a new edition of the first "MACHINIST'S BEDSIDE READER". It is available from amazon.ca and littlemachineshop.com and others. It took him years to do it as he is pretty meticulous. Could be awhile before he has the others ready to go.

I don’t know what happened to Guy, I think the internet killed his business. I heard he got divorced and his wife got the write’s to his publishing stuff.
The Wife getting the rights to his works as part of the Divorce Deal, was what I had heard as well.

Quite possibly it was a time-limited agreement, which might explain why the reprint of the early work has gone ahead. Pure supposition, on my part though.

A pity, as I really enjoyed the books that he did put out, and looked forward to TMBR #4, or even more!

I think if you re-edit a book or a musical recording you can regain the original rights to the art. That tall blond chick singer that is making billions now had to do it with her first few albums because she lost the rights to them somehow. Probably stopped kneeling at the sales meetings.

Back