• Scam Alert. Members are reminded to NOT send money to buy anything. Don't buy things remote and have it shipped - go get it yourself, pay in person, and take your equipment with you. Scammers have burned people on this forum. Urgency, secrecy, excuses, selling for friend, newish members, FUD, are RED FLAGS. A video conference call is not adequate assurance. Face to face interactions are required. Please report suspicions to the forum admins. Stay Safe - anyone can get scammed.

For someone with a bit of time in Calgary...

I took a chance on it, and so far I can’t complain. It works great, and I can finally machine my own parts...something I have been wanting to do for years (but didn’t have the funds for).

Any of you experienced With these machines would have walked away after seeing the condition of it - but I told myself “this is your chance man...get it”.
Nice work, I'm glad you gave it a home! For sure after doing this sort of 'rescue', your familiar with every nook and cranny of your machine and not much will scare you off. I ended up buying a RF30 type mill as well that wasn't that much of a basket case but it had lived a hard life... I really enjoyed going through it and learned a ton doing so.

Good luck!