• Scam Alert. Members are reminded to NOT send money to buy anything. Don't buy things remote and have it shipped - go get it yourself, pay in person, and take your equipment with you. Scammers have burned people on this forum. Urgency, secrecy, excuses, selling for friend, newish members, FUD, are RED FLAGS. A video conference call is not adequate assurance. Face to face interactions are required. Please report suspicions to the forum admins. Stay Safe - anyone can get scammed.

Tool Engine removal trolly mods.

Tool

toglhot

just a Backyard Butcher.
Some alterations to the engine removal trolly I made a while back: The lifting mechanism has been tilted forward about 40 degrees so I could add longer handles to the adjusting nut and also so it gears down the lift a little with eaxh turn.
The top arm has been replaced with a mechanism that tilts the engine sideways, the trolly can now lift, tilt the engine forward/backward and also sideways.
I also modified the pivoting axis, adding an arm to invert the engine. The engine can now be rotated 180degrees, 360 degrees if you change the pivoting arm to the other side.
Handles have been added to the mechanisms so I no longer need those pesky spanners the shed gremlins are always hiding.
The engine is such a tight fitmin the frame that previously, without the side tilting mechanism, the engine scraped the top and bottom frame tubes when removing. The side tilting mechanism clears the engine from the frame so it no longer scrapes the frame tubes.
Once finished I had to test it, so I removed the engine from the frame, it took about five minutes. Since I had the engine out I stripped it and reassembled it again without having to remove it from the trolly, then plonked the engine back in the frame again. Even quicker replacing it. This time around I pressed the crank apart and rebuilt it with the correct clearnances.
Not much use for it now, it's not every day I need to remove the engine, but, I do enjoy designing and building strange stuff, and it gave me a chance to play with the engine again. I like playing with engines, my vocabulary expands exponentially when working on an engine. Oddly though, my wife, Glenda, doesn't like my new locutions...

Attachments

• WIN_20240721_11_21_09_Pro.webp
    WIN_20240721_11_21_09_Pro.webp
    427.3 KB · Views: 9
  • WIN_20240716_16_10_20_Pro.webp
    WIN_20240716_16_10_20_Pro.webp
    305.1 KB · Views: 7
  • WIN_20240716_16_03_23_Pro.webp
    WIN_20240716_16_03_23_Pro.webp
    297.6 KB · Views: 6
  • WIN_20240716_16_03_11_Pro.webp
    WIN_20240716_16_03_11_Pro.webp