• Scam Alert. Members are reminded to NOT send money to buy anything. Don't buy things remote and have it shipped - go get it yourself, pay in person, and take your equipment with you. Scammers have burned people on this forum. Urgency, secrecy, excuses, selling for friend, newish members, FUD, are RED FLAGS. A video conference call is not adequate assurance. Face to face interactions are required. Please report suspicions to the forum admins. Stay Safe - anyone can get scammed.

Digital Depth Micrometer, $100, Ottawa, ON

0c2054a0-46c5-408c-9560-d82a203819cb

This guy "Shawn" 'sells a lot of tools on Kijiji. Perhaps others will have better luck dealing with him, I was so turned off from initial phone conversation I decided not to deal with him. Sale price is a bit like the fare meter in a cab sitting at a red light. The review below is not from me. Interesting has been selling for 10 years and has one review.
BF367F35-6639-449B-9795-2C9400511143.jpeg

Last edited:
Not defending the seller, but as far as Kijiji reviews are concerned, there may be other issues at play. I buy a fair amount of stuff on Kijiji and rarely does a notification come up asking for a review of the transaction. In the last dozen or so, only once. I picked up a couple things this weekend, nada.

Not only that, but few people actually bother with a review in the first place. This is my second Kijiji account (long forgot the info for the first one), I've had it for 8 years and I have 4 reviews from, I'm guessing, 40 or 50 transactions.

My wife has a Fecalbook account and I have used the marketplace to sell a few things. Mostly extremely good response and if people are willing to drive 100km out of the big shitty to buy it they don't try to offer me less, like on Kijiji. One guy just did, on a JD MX6 mower, and offered me 200 less, because the blades were not sharp. I picked up the shop phone and told my wife to tell the next guy it's his. The mower was sold before he drove out the gate after his offer.

Interesting I had a totally different experience, from what he told me he was helping out an older gentleman that was having mobility issues and was getting out of the "hobby" as it sounded like the business upfront paid for all the toys in the back. I ended up getting a hardness tester and picked up technico's 3 jaw chuck. As far as the kijiji account he said it was his sons, and the facebook account looks to be his wifes so similar to a lot of guys on here.

Back