• Scam Alert. Members are reminded to NOT send money to buy anything. Don't buy things remote and have it shipped - go get it yourself, pay in person, and take your equipment with you. Scammers have burned people on this forum. Urgency, secrecy, excuses, selling for friend, newish members, FUD, are RED FLAGS. A video conference call is not adequate assurance. Face to face interactions are required. Please report suspicions to the forum admins. Stay Safe - anyone can get scammed.

Diacro 48” Hydro-mech press break, $2500, Lakeshore, ON

During the Kelowna Mountain Fire, back 20-ish years, I was in an aircraft repair and overhaul shop in Vernon BC, and the fella had a purely manual Diacro Press Brake there, about 18 inches capacity. Claimed he was planning on being buried with it, to spite some of his competition who coveted it. LOL!

I was fixing Bell 412's at the time and it seemed that life was entirely made up of dozens of little gussets and reinforcement pieces, for which, I though the little press Brake would serve VERY well! Particularly with the option of having several different die sets ready mounted. Eg: a straight die, a goose neck for doing tight corners, and a radius nose die to get a particular radius, all ready to use without having to tweak adjustments.

Someday" if I ever get a shop big enough,

For some unknown reason I imagine your place a bit like a shop city. A different shop for every kind of metal work. A forge in the black shed, a foundery in the red shed, a lathe in the green shed, two mills in the orange shed, sheet metal and a brake in the white shed, electronics and wiring in the blue shed, all neatly arranged like hubs around a central campfire where you drink beer and dream about the next shed.....

IMG_0485 (1).gif

For some unknown reason I imagine your place a bit like a shop city. A different shop for every kind of metal work. A forge in the black shed, a foundery in the red shed, a lathe in the green shed, two mills in the orange shed, sheet metal and a brake in the white shed, electronics and wiring in the blue shed, all neatly arranged like hubs around a central campfire where you drink beer and dream about the next shed.....

View attachment 49990
Pretty much. Just a bunch of shitty outbuildings and shed everywhere......

I dream about that "someday" when it's all under one big roof, but know that'll probably never happen before I'm room temp.

I found a 48" press brake in a bunch of scrap I was processing. There is zero info about it online. The brand is extinct but is is US made. It was kept in parallel by a contraption of linkage, and an employee who had enough of it put a big rock in one corner and made it close at the other. So I took it home and removed the rubbish and the 3 phase motor, and went shopping for bigger cylinders at Princess Auto. I bought a rotary Hydraulic flow divider which is two hydraulic motors with their shafts coupled. This causes the 2 cylinders to move in lockstep and replaces the warped mechanical linkage.
This has saved me a pile of money when making hopper cones and bending plate up to 3/8" as anytime I went into a shop with 10 minute bending job, they charged me $150.

Pretty much. Just a bunch of shitty outbuildings and shed everywhere......

I dream about that "someday" when it's all under one big roof, but know that'll probably never happen before I'm room temp.
I recall driving through some smaller sized towns in Saskatchewan, and looking at school buildings that were listed for sale... Most already had one shop for wood, another for metal.... Lots of possibilities! LOL!

During the Kelowna Mountain Fire, back 20-ish years, I was in an aircraft repair and overhaul shop in Vernon BC, and the fella had a purely manual Diacro Press Brake there, about 18 inches capacity. Claimed he was planning on being buried with it, to spite some of his competition who coveted it. LOL!

I was fixing Bell 412's at the time and it seemed that life was entirely made up of dozens of little gussets and reinforcement pieces, for which, I though the little press Brake would serve VERY well! Particularly with the option of having several different die sets ready mounted. Eg: a straight die, a goose neck for doing tight corners, and a radius nose die to get a particular radius, all ready to use without having to tweak adjustments.
One of these?
IMG_2855.jpegIMG_2856.jpeg

This one’s just gathering dust…

for sale?
It was last time I talked to my boss about it.

Hard to come up with a reasonable price for them online, I’ve found some people talking about $1000 (USD), and others insisting $2000 is a steal (usually those selling them).

Has the backstop, no other tooling, weighs somewhere around 400lbs. If there’s interest I’ll dig it out and get a few actual photos.

Back