• Scam Alert. Members are reminded to NOT send money to buy anything. Don't buy things remote and have it shipped - go get it yourself, pay in person, and take your equipment with you. Scammers have burned people on this forum. Urgency, secrecy, excuses, selling for friend, newish members, FUD, are RED FLAGS. A video conference call is not adequate assurance. Face to face interactions are required. Please report suspicions to the forum admins. Stay Safe - anyone can get scammed.

Deckel FP1, $750, Hamilton, ON

Stuart Samuel

Ultra Member
Premium Member
IMG_0302.jpeg

I’ve asked if he’s free this evening or next, to have a look.

“Deckel mill with rapid feed on all axis. Has rotary indexer with it. Also has horizontal output As is as seen in pics. Was running at a machine shop, and was still in use. Ways are excellent condition. Comes with transformer which I believe 600V to 380V, 3 phase. Can run on a VFD drive from single phase house power. I can load trailer with forklift. Will not answer to "is it available". Don't waste both our time. $750 OBO Located approx. 45 min South of Hamilton. Thanks.”

While he doesn’t explicitly say ‘it’s not under power’ I’d read that as being the case. Not looking for another rebuild project, but I’m not likely to get another Deckel showing up any time soon, at least at that price. He may already be swamped with replies, and I’ll let folk’s know if he’s ‘asking for a deposit’.

What’s a worst case scenario with one of these? I guess specifically, worst case where everything feels okay until you power it up. Bridgeport clones I’m pretty familiar with, European machines, not at all.

(Edited to add link to ad)

Last edited:
Pretty nice machine, as long as the gear boxes are working, and the ways are good as he says. I don't think it has a feed table other than the one on its side. Looks like it is set up for a specific job.
45 minutes south of Hamilton puts it in Dunville or Port Maitland? If you go look at it, I could meet you there to check it out also for a second set of eyes. If you need a transformer, it is worth $700 bucks
Martin
I don't think it is under power by the pictures.

Unbelievable price for a Deckel (just check the bearings!), but if it just comes with with what is there, not very compelling imo. It would likely work out to be cheaper to wait for one loaded for 10x the price, and that's putting your time in at zero collecting all the bits and pieces. If you already had an F1 with all the extras, this would be a great deal, for small dollars you could have two set up, e.g. one horizontal, one vertical etc

Last edited:
That’s not a regular FP1, it’s the ‘Active’ version. Also likely has vertical head with ISO40 spindle not the needle bearing SK40 older Deckel arrangement.

No idea about value, but suspect much more than $750. Perhaps the guy missed a zero.
Yeah, even if the Activ system is all messed up, that rotary alone is worth that or more.

Not too surprised to see that the ad has been suspended. I think the guy did not do any homework, if he is a Legit seller even.

On the brighter side, tables are not that difficult to source.

Now shows 'Listing no longer exists'.

I suspect it was a legit listing? I'd think a scammer would have made some effort to get money out of me.
Also, I was reassured it was local, not recycled photos from somewhere else, when I noticed an engine hoist in the background marked 'Toronto Star Machine Shop'.

It was a legit listing, I spoke with the seller. He seemed like a stand up guy. He told me people had offered more than asking but refused because he wanted to offer it to the first person to respond. I was second inline if the first person passed. It was removed from a shop in St Catharines and purchased by him as a package deal along with a lathe that he was keeping. He was happy with his asking price even though he knew it was worth more. It was used for a single operation which is why no other accessories were with it. I suspect you will see it up for sale again with a much higher ask.

It was a legit listing, I spoke with the seller. He seemed like a stand up guy. He told me people had offered more than asking but refused because he wanted to offer it to the first person to respond. I was second inline if the first person passed. It was removed from a shop in St Catharines and purchased by him as a package deal along with a lathe that he was keeping. He was happy with his asking price even though he knew it was worth more. It was used for a single operation which is why no other accessories were with it. I suspect you will see it up for sale again with a much higher ask.
This is why when I find a deal I drop everything and go get it, hopefully the same day.

at a base price of CA$750 you have a lot of room to buy accesories from Veltman in NL. His base price is EU5000 and up plus accesories. A rotary indexrer alone is EU750 and up and that is included

Back