• Scam Alert. Members are reminded to NOT send money to buy anything. Don't buy things remote and have it shipped - go get it yourself, pay in person, and take your equipment with you. Scammers have burned people on this forum. Urgency, secrecy, excuses, selling for friend, newish members, FUD, are RED FLAGS. A video conference call is not adequate assurance. Face to face interactions are required. Please report suspicions to the forum admins. Stay Safe - anyone can get scammed.

Darbert 1440 gearhead lathe w/ Brake $4500 Quinte West

TorontoBuilder

Ultra Member
This is likely a very good lathe for someone here since it is great size and 220v.

Says it comes with 2 chucks and some tooling, looks to be in good shape has a DRO which may or may not function AND it has a tail stock.

I think I see both steady and follow rests in the second pic in the ad.

1729109382411.png

So you didn't make an introductory post but welcome.

Where is your shop? What are your skills and interests?
My apologies, I have never posted anything on a forum before.
My shop is in the Holland Marsh Ontario. I am tripple trade, automotive service technician, heavy equipment mechanic and a welder. Now I’m going to be trying my hand at machining my own parts! It gets costly to send them out weekly.

Last edited:
My apologies, I have never posted anything on a forum before.
My shop is in the Holland Marsh Ontario. I am tripple trade, automotive service technician, heavy equipment mechanic and a welder. Now I’m going to be trying my hand at machining my own parts! It gets costly to send them out weekly.

well if @PatrickT feels bad missing out on this lathe at least you are close enough for him to easily visit. He is in Barrie.

If you find the spindle bore is greater than 1.5" please rub that in his face too :p since I told him so.

Back