• Scam Alert. Members are reminded to NOT send money to buy anything. Don't buy things remote and have it shipped - go get it yourself, pay in person, and take your equipment with you. Scammers have burned people on this forum. Urgency, secrecy, excuses, selling for friend, newish members, FUD, are RED FLAGS. A video conference call is not adequate assurance. Face to face interactions are required. Please report suspicions to the forum admins. Stay Safe - anyone can get scammed.

Craftex cx604 milling machine $2,200 Edmonton

combustable herbage

Ultra Member
Premium Member
Not sure if its a deal or not but for a 5 year old machine looks like it hasn't had a hard life.

s-l640.jpg

I'm not sure if I would call it a deal but I don't think you would do much better for similar money. It appears the machine has done very little work. $2200 is probably what that machine retailed for brand new 6-7 years ago.

Looks like a clone of RF-30 - a clone of which is I think still on sale at KMS for... 2200 CAD plus tax.

In like new condition with what is pictured value is around 1600 tops.

The new machine also includes a simple vice - I think it is same one offered here.

I had a CX604 before my BP clone, bought it for about $2000 in spring 2017, so about the same vintage as this one for sale. The vise on the table in the picture comes with the machine, it is ok but not overly precise, and does do basic angle tilting. I did a lot of work with it and would probably have kept it if I had the space when I got my bigger machine.

It is definitely an RF-30 clone, with a metal belt housing cover, whereas the King PDM-30 is plastic (not a big deal, as far as I'm concerned). Thing is, as Tom pointed out the King is on sale at KMS for $2200 right now and I know after operating mine for a few years that the King can't be that much different. Supposedly the CX604's were of Taiwanese origin but the fact that the quill fine feed scale is off by a thou after each revolution, and that some of the fit and finish issues showed themselves in time, make me think that the King would serve a home shop just as well.

Just my 2 cents, given the good apparent condition and current machine prices I'd agree with Tom in about the $1500 range top end as well.

Back