• Scam Alert. Members are reminded to NOT send money to buy anything. Don't buy things remote and have it shipped - go get it yourself, pay in person, and take your equipment with you. Scammers have burned people on this forum. Urgency, secrecy, excuses, selling for friend, newish members, FUD, are RED FLAGS. A video conference call is not adequate assurance. Face to face interactions are required. Please report suspicions to the forum admins. Stay Safe - anyone can get scammed.

Craftex B048 Milling Machine with stand, $3000, Calgary, AB

23d214c1-bc1c-4a95-8fa0-4c2084ddc0c1

While those are usually pretty good value machines, I think by the appearance of this one, it's priced a bit much (at least for my cheap eyes).
Yeah it definitely looks rough, I contacted him and it does not include any tooling.

I think the chip tray looks broken? Or bent? The way it's strapped to the pallet and condition of the pallet I wonder if it went for a tumble.

Tempting though

Might be the lite/picture, but table hand wheel appears to have been broken and brazed up. Possibly in hand with bent chip tray. And not a good braze job, looks like lots of holes.

Last edited:
Might be the lite/picture, but table hand wheel appears to have been broken and brazed up. Possibly in hand with bent chip tray.
I honestly never noticed the braze, I thought it was just corrosion...but I think you're right.

New close the equivallent is about $7-8k without power feed.
Yeah, maybe it looked better in person, but 1100lbs faceplanted can do some damage lol.

Or maybe it wasn't at all and hopefully someone here got it and will let us know!

Well, I was like 90% sure its gone when I clicked the link and yes, it was gone. That was a good price. I hope the flipper did not get that one and we will not see it for $5000 soon.

Yes I paid $3500 for mine about 4 years ago but it was in pristine condition and came with a lot of tooling.

Yeah, but since then prices have gone up and up. And this is a home style machine which keeps its price well. Also remember that 3000 was the list price - it could have sold for 2500.

While those are usually pretty good value machines, I think by the appearance of this one, it's priced a bit much (at least for my cheap eyes).
He's not Santa Claus, and I think he should have charged more. I sold mine for that price in 2017 and threw in all my R8 tooling, because it was useless to me. My mill uses CAT40
They need a link belt replacement of the existing belt, because those are a source of vibration, and a few tweaks to take the play out of the table screw.

Yes I paid $3500 for mine about 4 years ago but it was in pristine condition and came with a lot of tooling.
I think there's been 2 between Calgary/edmonton on Kijiji in the last year or so, that I've seen anyways for about that price and in looked in nicer condition.

I'm just surprised it sold that fast and looked clearly toppled but who knows maybe it wasn't so bad. Maybe the flipper lowballed him & got it for 2k

It's worth whatever the people are willing to pay, good for people who own machines!

Last edited:
Twenty years ago this mill was $4500.00 , it came with a power feed , one shot lube system and a coolant system . Now , at full retail it's $8000.00 , todays version is without the power feed , it does have reverse now and there are a few other subtle improvements .

I bought a B048 Mill in early 2004 , it was part of a lease to buy package that included a CT043 lathe and a selection of tooling that I picked myself . At the time it seemed like an attractive and convenient way to get set up with larger machines than what I had then . The Calgary store manager at the time was helpful in setting this up and was able to give me a appreciable discount on both machines because I was buying two and the tooling to get started with outfitting them .

Back