• Scam Alert. Members are reminded to NOT send money to buy anything. Don't buy things remote and have it shipped - go get it yourself, pay in person, and take your equipment with you. Scammers have burned people on this forum. Urgency, secrecy, excuses, selling for friend, newish members, FUD, are RED FLAGS. A video conference call is not adequate assurance. Face to face interactions are required. Please report suspicions to the forum admins. Stay Safe - anyone can get scammed.

Colchester Master 2500 Lathe, $6,000 - Hamilton

trevj

Ultra Member
Seems...Optimistic! An hour or so with some rags, and give it a spit-shine, would go a long ways to it presenting better...

Tried to see if there was a taper attachment, but saw no indications there was. No DRO, only the one chuck.

Have one, and have used a few others. Nice solid machines, though definitely not in the Toolroom class like some of the old school iron!

TorontoBuilder

Ultra Member
Seems...Optimistic! An hour or so with some rags, and give it a spit-shine, would go a long ways to it presenting better...

Tried to see if there was a taper attachment, but saw no indications there was. No DRO, only the one chuck.

Have one, and have used a few others. Nice solid machines, though definitely not in the Toolroom class like some of the old school iron

Based on their other listings such as the two lathe chucks, I'd be very suspicious of the condition of the lathe at this price.

Of course I've seen this lathe as it was first floated here at the end of last November. The woman had a ton of good items and I had wanted to go back and buy many in the new year. None of those are listed, only the left over junk that is mislabeled for the most part.

I still want a master 2500 but not this one

trevj

Ultra Member
Based on their other listings such as the two lathe chucks, I'd be very suspicious of the condition of the lathe at this price.

Of course I've seen this lathe as it was first floated here at the end of last November. The woman had a ton of good items and I had wanted to go back and buy many in the new year. None of those are listed, only the left over junk that is mislabeled for the most part.

I still want a master 2500 but not this one
Mine came off CADC, a couple-ten years back. I had the advantage, that it was out of a shop I could visit, and talk with the former users, as well as to be able to spend a GREAT deal of time poking through the stuff that came with, which amounted to two 4x4 foot by 3 1/2 or so foot high deployable heavy duty drawer units, so I was quite willing to pad out my bid, to make up for things that it would NOT cost me, like shipping.

Mine is not much to look at, but has a taper attachment, Acu-Rite DRO, an about two of each of everything you might need in the way of chucks, face plates, dog drivers, etc., and came with a lot of other stuff. I pulled the 5HP 550v motor, and am replacing it with a 220v 3ph 3HP motor and a VFD.

Edit: LOL! Looked at the Other Listings. If I needed them, the two chucks 'might' be a deal, as rust scarred as they are. The cutters lots, are pure crackhead fantasy! The rest are bad, or worse!

Last edited: