• Scam Alert. Members are reminded to NOT send money to buy anything. Don't buy things remote and have it shipped - go get it yourself, pay in person, and take your equipment with you. Scammers have burned people on this forum. Urgency, secrecy, excuses, selling for friend, newish members, FUD, are RED FLAGS. A video conference call is not adequate assurance. Face to face interactions are required. Please report suspicions to the forum admins. Stay Safe - anyone can get scammed.

Colchester Master 2500 GC Auction Ottawa

YotaBota

Mike
Premium Member
FS2478630.JPEG

SparWeb

Oh my. Just like the one I got to use for about 10 years at the start of my engineering career. If I lived in Ottawa I'd buy it just out of nostalgia, not because I need another lathe.
The missing steady-rest is occasionally a problem, but the missing chip drawer is downright unfair.

RobinHood

Ultra Member
Premium Member
but the missing chip drawer is downright unfair.
I believe it is under the lathe in that picture. You can clearly see it in pic 2 of 19.

It has the original Colchester/Dickson tool post. No holders. Most off-shore copies of the holders won’t fit properly.

This has the added bonus of being 208 V, 3 phase - ie. ready for a VFD. My lathe was wired for 575V so I bought a new multi voltage (480/240V) 5hp motor to replace the single voltage 575V one.

Steady rest can be made - just know that Colchester does not use 90* V-ways. Theirs are 80*! So something off another lathe won’t fit without modifying the base.