• Scam Alert. Members are reminded to NOT send money to buy anything. Don't buy things remote and have it shipped - go get it yourself, pay in person, and take your equipment with you. Scammers have burned people on this forum. Urgency, secrecy, excuses, selling for friend, newish members, FUD, are RED FLAGS. A video conference call is not adequate assurance. Face to face interactions are required. Please report suspicions to the forum admins. Stay Safe - anyone can get scammed.

Colchester Bantam at BC Auction

That's a nice lathe but it does have a few small issues. I wonder if a VFD could be used in front of the variable drive??
Removal might cost a few hundred or higher to get a rigging company to get it out of BCIT

Wayne

It would probably take some electrical wizardry to get it all sorted out.
I’ll be curious to see what it goes for.

I have a cousin how works at BCIT, I sent him a note looking for the inside info on the machine.
I'll let you know what he says.

It would probably take some electrical wizardry to get it all sorted out.
I’ll be curious to see what it goes for.

I'm thinking we will see a lot of activity and the possibility Bell Machinery and Lenmark Machinery will be looking at it as they wouldn't need a rigging outfit

Looks like interesting machine for a CNC conversion - at least one could go around the power of over 400v by gutting it all out.

I guess they want lower price given the requirement of insured mover for something they claim is under 500kg.

I estimate costs to hire the folks I got my two lathes from at ... at most $500. All they would do is lift it out and load onto a trailer.

Still, with current price of 510, 5 days to go, transport to AB, taxes this thing looks more like almost 1500 already. I see what the report says.

Back