• Scam Alert. Members are reminded to NOT send money to buy anything. Don't buy things remote and have it shipped - go get it yourself, pay in person, and take your equipment with you. Scammers have burned people on this forum. Urgency, secrecy, excuses, selling for friend, newish members, FUD, are RED FLAGS. A video conference call is not adequate assurance. Face to face interactions are required. Please report suspicions to the forum admins. Stay Safe - anyone can get scammed.

Cheap Metal lathe in Port Carling

Might be an Atlas 10-D; ie no Timken bearings? Not clear, though, if the countershaft is present?!? Or change gears.

$_59.JPG

[Edit] In fact, I wonder if that is a woodturning chuck?

Craig

Looks like they were trying desperately to recharge it and hook up the Makita dust bag. Must have gotten frustrated, threw down their gloves, snapped a pic and threw it on Kijiji.

I wonder how long they charged it for before it turned into a lathe?

Might be an Atlas 10-D; ie no Timken bearings? Not clear, though, if the countershaft is present?!? Or change gears.

$_59.JPG

[Edit] In fact, I wonder if that is a woodturning chuck?

Craig

Its does look weird maybe its just that the jaws are'nt in? pretty thick for a faceplate.
Maybe electrical problems with a meter out?
By the other items they are selling looks like they are cleaning out the garage so maybe a project that lost interest.

Back