• Scam Alert. Members are reminded to NOT send money to buy anything. Don't buy things remote and have it shipped - go get it yourself, pay in person, and take your equipment with you. Scammers have burned people on this forum. Urgency, secrecy, excuses, selling for friend, newish members, FUD, are RED FLAGS. A video conference call is not adequate assurance. Face to face interactions are required. Please report suspicions to the forum admins. Stay Safe - anyone can get scammed.

Burke model B milling machine, $1500, Dunnville, ON

I just had an inward thought ... that I quickly realized would be a terrible way to make a living...
Because I'd never have time to do anything
Start up a hot shot relay shipping service from East to West n vice versa...
An enclosed trailer...with a Moffat on the back...so nothing is out of reach or "unloadable"
then there's the 18 grand needed "just" to get a class one in this province...:rolleyes:
yeah no...you eastern folks can have the deals...
i'll just yearn from afar over here...lol

I just had an inward thought ... that I quickly realized would be a terrible way to make a living...
Because I'd never have time to do anything
Start up a hot shot relay shipping service from East to West n vice versa...
An enclosed trailer...with a Moffat on the back...so nothing is out of reach or "unloadable"
then there's the 18 grand needed "just" to get a class one in this province...:rolleyes:
yeah no...you eastern folks can have the deals...
i'll just yearn from afar over here...lol
I can help you with that, I have the 1. Just couldn't guarantee I wouldn't get lost on the left coast. And insecure loads ? Well think about it.

yeah...I'm no business person...I just happen to be skilled at wild ideas

I am getting to that point in life where I really dislike driving in bigger cities ie Vancouver...but that may be because my wife consistently argues with the maps apps...APP: "Turn right at the next exit". Wife: "No, I think its left". Me, looking at the highway ahead of us, no left possible in sight: "So swerving into oncoming traffic then, is it?"... It'd be easier to end it then to argue with an career alpha-female...
She's the worst navigator I've ever met...damn good cook though....I digress...It is easy to get lost or absent minded on the highways of BC...a lot of the scenery is really, really nice...I've driven a lot of it for work and recreational reasons...

As for insecure loads...my brother had close at least ten ratchet straps holding my lathe down to the deck of the car trailer...it warn't going nowhere lol...
I also just realized...there'd need to be one helluva power jack in the trailer...lifting a huge, top heavy milling machine may not be the way to go...hhmm...rag sides it is!! See, wild ideas...constantly

Burke mills are nicely made. I think this one is a little pricey, however. It is priced for a collector to be placed in the entrance of a machine shop as a display item.

Back