• Scam Alert. Members are reminded to NOT send money to buy anything. Don't buy things remote and have it shipped - go get it yourself, pay in person, and take your equipment with you. Scammers have burned people on this forum. Urgency, secrecy, excuses, selling for friend, newish members, FUD, are RED FLAGS. A video conference call is not adequate assurance. Face to face interactions are required. Please report suspicions to the forum admins. Stay Safe - anyone can get scammed.

Burke Horizontal Milling Machine - $1,234 Offers (Vancouver)

00a0a_gsTCSbYOOu_0lM0t2_1200x900.jpg

that's a really cool machine and the size I am looking for but I would like a universal or vertical more then a horizontal. Might have to go check it out if it's still around during my next trip into Vancouver. Anyone know much about Burke brand?

that's a really cool machine and the size I am looking for but I would like a universal or vertical more then a horizontal. Might have to go check it out if it's still around during my next trip into Vancouver. Anyone know much about Burke brand?
I had a Burke no. 1 that was older and a little less refined than that.

Compared to mine this one has lead screws all around while mine was leadscrew only on the Y axis, rest were rack and pinion. Mine was a plain bearing spindle, this looks like it has roller bearings.

I’d try to find out what the spindle taper is. Mine was B&S #9 and it’s not exactly easy to find tooling if you want to do anything other than horizontal milling with the overarm and included arbor.

Back