• Scam Alert. Members are reminded to NOT send money to buy anything. Don't buy things remote and have it shipped - go get it yourself, pay in person, and take your equipment with you. Scammers have burned people on this forum. Urgency, secrecy, excuses, selling for friend, newish members, FUD, are RED FLAGS. A video conference call is not adequate assurance. Face to face interactions are required. Please report suspicions to the forum admins. Stay Safe - anyone can get scammed.

Bridgeport Milling Machine Toronto $1200

so here goes: the power feed on the X axis is worth easily $1000 for the in-the-know- bridgeport owners. The rest of it looks like it would be a nice project for someone into rebuilding machines. The result would be very nice for $1200 plus perhaps another $1000 in parts/materials.

Last edited:
That would be me! It's right in my neighborhood, only 15-20min away. So I drove over as soon as they were free today and put down a deposit. It's a small machine shop looking to replace this with something else. Big thanks to Brent for transportation and the forthcoming help getting this into working order as I know very little lol. It's 575v so will need to swap the motor to make this work for my tiny home garage. I'm super excited!

Geeze..... A Bridgeport AND a 11" SM Utilathe….. NICE:D

LOL! It took 9 months and many missed opportunities to finally land a mill. Thanks of course to this board and Brent for texting it over. From my experience I basically had to agree to buy it right out the gate and just hedge the risk. Also credit to the seller for honouring my first message/first deposit rule and letting Brent and I pick up next week. They put tentatively sold in the ad to stop all the inquiries today. I literally told the seller I'd take within 2 hours of it being posted last night otherwise it would be gone today.

Sigh....please insert my typical whine about opportunities in Southern Ontario....;)

Nice. Congratulations! Another point for @Brent H for helping members. Way to go Brent! What are you going to do with all these points? :)

@architect Congratulations on the mill:), I had a similar situation when I got my lathe the guy said there was people from Toronto offering him $500 more for it but he honored me with first shot, I have always done that when I sell stuff too especially if its something in high demand. Look forward to seeing it in its new home.

Sigh....please insert my typical whine about opportunities in Southern Ontario....;)

Nice. Congratulations! Another point for @Brent H for helping members. Way to go Brent! What are you going to do with all these points? :)

Check Bidspotter auctions and do a search for millis coming up for auction in Ontario...there's a lot!! some of the auctions have already ended this month but one auction has 17 mills for sale on it's own

@Susquatch : I am picking the mill up with @architect on Monday. Plan is to drop it off at his place - I will disassemble the top gear/belt housing and do an inventory/inspection as to why it is noisy. A complete bearing replacement is about $150 (US) and possibly cheaper once the bearings are identified with the SKF number. I am also lending @architect the Bible :

3CD67677-5C66-46C0-AC4E-CBF6DB77350B.jpeg
You can get this book on Amazon for about $40. Aside from that we are on the hunt for a 220/440 motor or adaptable things.
17C3BF0B-88B4-40FA-B608-4B06F9E07F40.jpeg

Note to the above - that is for the bearings in the speed and motor drive system. The quill bearings are about $400 as they are a matched set - possibly cheaper on the web.

Back