• Scam Alert. Members are reminded to NOT send money to buy anything. Don't buy things remote and have it shipped - go get it yourself, pay in person, and take your equipment with you. Scammers have burned people on this forum. Urgency, secrecy, excuses, selling for friend, newish members, FUD, are RED FLAGS. A video conference call is not adequate assurance. Face to face interactions are required. Please report suspicions to the forum admins. Stay Safe - anyone can get scammed.

BBQ build in

chipBit

Hello Fellas,

Sharing a BBQ build in table on casters.
10 ft long, 304 stainless 1.5" tube 1/8". Princess Auto, hinges and casters 5" x 2".
Plan is to have butcher block on top, and paneling boards around.
A bit hard to square everything with slopped garage floor :).

Attachments

• 3.jpeg
    3.jpeg
    399.6 KB · Views: 29
  • 2.jpeg
    2.jpeg
    503.1 KB · Views: 29
  • 1.jpeg
    1.jpeg
    547 KB · Views: 30

chipBit

Finally BBQ completed :)

Attachments

• signal-2024-06-14-15-54-31-162-2.jpg
    signal-2024-06-14-15-54-31-162-2.jpg
    559.3 KB · Views: 12
  • signal-2024-06-14-15-54-31-162-1.jpg
    signal-2024-06-14-15-54-31-162-1.jpg
    528.7 KB · Views: 12
  • signal-2024-06-14-15-54-31-162.jpg
    signal-2024-06-14-15-54-31-162.jpg
    544 KB · Views: 12
  • signal-2024-06-14-15-54-31-162-3.jpg
    signal-2024-06-14-15-54-31-162-3.jpg
    631.6 KB · Views: 12

LenVW

Process Machinery Designer
Premium Member
Nice arrangement for your BBQ.

The light gauge original burners are designed to last five years - Max.
If your burners are a few years old you might want to try my HSS units.

See my photo.
I made this two compartment burner and it has been roasting my steaks since last summer.
I had a fellow CHMW say the burner will likely last longer then the rest of the BBQ.

Attachments

• IMG_0184.jpeg
    IMG_0184.jpeg
    120.5 KB · Views: 19

chipBit

Nice arrangement for your BBQ.

See my photo.
I made this two compartment burner and it has been roasting my steaks since last summer.
I had a fellow CHMW say the burner will likely last longer then the rest of the BBQ.
Thank you. I will keep that in mind. Its a brand new unit. Hope to get few years out of the burners. Indeed everything is light gauge these days.

Bandit

Ultra Member
A great job on the BBQ table!
Please try to keep a good air space between the house and the BBQ, if that is where it is in use. I have seen a number of houses with badly warped sideing, a few with melted sideing and 2 that burnt down from the BBQ up against or close to the house, one that shattered a sliding door from the heat.
I am not a fireman or any such thing, just seen the results of too much heat against or to near to a building from a BBQ.
I am not against BBQ-ing, and love a good fire, just not someone's house, or such.

chipBit

Definitely, it will be rolled out. It puts some heat. Only close to the house for storage. Its one of the reason I wanted on casters.

Tecnico

(Dave)
Premium Member

The sheet metal things they sell these days aren’t made to last but they still get the big bucks for them. I think it‘s a tossup whether the burners go first or the bottom “tub”. More of the disposable economy. :rolleyes:

I’m another that still has the previous generation full cast aluminum shell and I’ll keep feeding it burners because it works so well, the latest was a cast iron one.

I’ve thought a few times to make up something out of stainless tube but it won’t be any time soon because I just scored a couple more cast ones cheep on clearance at CTC. :)

D :cool: