• Scam Alert. Members are reminded to NOT send money to buy anything. Don't buy things remote and have it shipped - go get it yourself, pay in person, and take your equipment with you. Scammers have burned people on this forum. Urgency, secrecy, excuses, selling for friend, newish members, FUD, are RED FLAGS. A video conference call is not adequate assurance. Face to face interactions are required. Please report suspicions to the forum admins. Stay Safe - anyone can get scammed.

Band Saw - Nanaimo $180

I use mine more then anything else when cutting. I would buy a second one for $200. I would like to mod a second one to run vertical. Or even just have a spare. My chop saw has been used like maybe 3 or 4 times since I got the band saw.

I use mine more then anything else when cutting. I would buy a second one for $200. I would like to mod a second one to run vertical. Or even just have a spare. My chop saw has been used like maybe 3 or 4 times since I got the band saw.
I honestly can't remember if I've used my chop saw since I bought a horizontal bandsaw...I sold my Portaband and kept the chopsaw just in case but I should have did it the other way around.

Lots of info our there for converting to vertical. IIRC @MrWhoopee posted a picture a while back of one he converted.

I made a table (not my idea) that uses the vise to hold it in place, takes about 10 seconds to install.
View attachment 52157
Mike love it. I gotta build that. I have the tin table that came with the saw but it’s flimsy and you need to unscrew the one plate and screw on the flimsy table. If I had a second saw I would mod it to be a dedicated vertical. Having said that I’m never walking away from my horizontal. I do have a wen portable which I use a lot. Also have a Dewalt one which gets used all the time at work. I even use it to cut 2x4s rather then getting the skill saw out.

Back