• Scam Alert. Members are reminded to NOT send money to buy anything. Don't buy things remote and have it shipped - go get it yourself, pay in person, and take your equipment with you. Scammers have burned people on this forum. Urgency, secrecy, excuses, selling for friend, newish members, FUD, are RED FLAGS. A video conference call is not adequate assurance. Face to face interactions are required. Please report suspicions to the forum admins. Stay Safe - anyone can get scammed.

Auction

buckbrush

Did anyone “win” anything at the auction in Calgary today? Mcdougall auctioneer’s, sale of Hunterwood technologies?

John and I heard about it and the great deals, but we didn't look at it. I've got too much stuff already :eek: (Sacrilege! I know)

I think there were some decent deals.

I snagged a lot of “miscellaneous“ items for $65 + 20% (fees + tax).

It included a steel trolley cart, with a railway spike hammer, a sledge hammer, a good sized ball peen hammer, life time supply of anti-seize & tapping fluid…

Also included were a GS NMTB40 precision keyless drill chuck and a 3.0” Taegutec facemill on a Valentine NMTB40 tool holder (these are for my Deckel FP3L milling machine).

IMG_4690.jpeg
IMG_4691.jpeg

Judging by the SOWA catalogue, my $78 all in for the lot was a good price…

IMG_2684.jpeg

I bid on that for a while, the railway spike hammer is called a double jack. Are your 40 taper tools Nmtb or cat 40?

They are NMTB 40 tool holders.

I have three different drawbars for the Deckel mill: a Deckel (OEM threaded one), a Metric and an SAE one. That opens up a lot possibilities as far as used tooling is concerned.

I believe CAT 40 tooling also works - just need a special pull stud. I don’t have any (yet).

I have three different drawbars for the Deckel mill: a Deckel (OEM threaded one), a Metric and an SAE one. That opens up a lot possibilities as far as used tooling is concerned.

Jezzus Murphy. Such a simple solution to a problem that is so common. I can't begin to list all the stuff I have had to return cuz it had the wrong drawbar thread. I still prefer to stick with the BP drawbar, but your solution is so KISS. I love it Rudy. There are a few more drawbars in my future!

Back