• Scam Alert. Members are reminded to NOT send money to buy anything. Don't buy things remote and have it shipped - go get it yourself, pay in person, and take your equipment with you. Scammers have burned people on this forum. Urgency, secrecy, excuses, selling for friend, newish members, FUD, are RED FLAGS. A video conference call is not adequate assurance. Face to face interactions are required. Please report suspicions to the forum admins. Stay Safe - anyone can get scammed.

Antique Metal Lathe $100 Strathmore, AB

Jswain

Joe

Would be a project, but the price is right. Looks like a tailstock handle in behind the lathe. Prob worth it for the legs/drip tray alone

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240902_093314.webp
    Screenshot_20240902_093314.webp
    82.2 KB · Views: 18
It’s a Moody lathe made in Quebec. It’s largely based on the 9” Southbend but has a much beefier headstock with roller bearings. Swing is 11”. Although dirty and grimy it hasn’t seen much use.

All I wanted was the legs and thread dial. However since all it’s missing is the xslide gib, change gears and a few fasteners i think it’s going to become a restoration project. I wasn’t planning on that!
IMG_5517.jpeg

It’s a Moody lathe made in Quebec. It’s largely based on the 9” Southbend but has a much beefier headstock with roller bearings. Swing is 11”. Although dirty and grimy it hasn’t seen much use.

All I wanted was the legs and thread dial. However since all it’s missing is the xslide gib, change gears and a few fasteners i think it’s going to become a restoration project. I wasn’t planning on that!
View attachment 51513
That's wicked!

Back