• Scam Alert. Members are reminded to NOT send money to buy anything. Don't buy things remote and have it shipped - go get it yourself, pay in person, and take your equipment with you. Scammers have burned people on this forum. Urgency, secrecy, excuses, selling for friend, newish members, FUD, are RED FLAGS. A video conference call is not adequate assurance. Face to face interactions are required. Please report suspicions to the forum admins. Stay Safe - anyone can get scammed.

9" Southbend lathe - ptbo, on area $1500

trevj

Ultra Member
...but no change gear quadrant or change gears, apparently.

I'd expect those in the package, for a Model C 9"

An end cover for the headstock would be a nice add, too!

DavidR8

Scrap maker
Administrator
Premium Member
That's waaaay too much money for a machine that's missing key components.

Jswain

Joe
...but no change gear quadrant or change gears, apparently.

I'd expect those in the package, for a Model C 9"

An end cover for the headstock would be a nice add, too!
It must be a model b with the power cross feed unless they added the apron/lead screw but yeah a set of change gears would set ya back a few bucks lol

trevj

Ultra Member
It must be a model b with the power cross feed unless they added the apron/lead screw but yeah a set of change gears would set ya back a few bucks lol
You are correct! It is a "B"! I missed the cross feed clutch and selector on the front edge of the apron.
None of that stuff works without the feed quadrant and some gears, though! It takes the drive from the keyway on the lead screw.