• Scam Alert. Members are reminded to NOT send money to buy anything. Don't buy things remote and have it shipped - go get it yourself, pay in person, and take your equipment with you. Scammers have burned people on this forum. Urgency, secrecy, excuses, selling for friend, newish members, FUD, are RED FLAGS. A video conference call is not adequate assurance. Face to face interactions are required. Please report suspicions to the forum admins. Stay Safe - anyone can get scammed.

8" Vertical Horizontal Rotary Table, $400, Ottawa, ON

da28afa9-cdaf-4ab9-8655-4a2f124b152f

Thumbs up from me for the seller Shawn, helping an elderly friend liquidate his hobby stuff because he has developed mobility issues. Got the shop tour, the surface grinder is basically brand new 27K now down below 8K and still no interest which he found frustrating. Most of the stuff is barely used if at all there is a lathe and a mill to come I found him fair to deal with, it didn't sound like they had a timeline to move everything out but it maybe a slow process.
I ended up with a Leeb Hardness tester, I do scrounge a fair amount of material/cut offs so hoping it can help with that in the future but also hoping to gain a bit of an education in metal hardness.
IMG_5982.JPG

Back