• Scam Alert. Members are reminded to NOT send money to buy anything. Don't buy things remote and have it shipped - go get it yourself, pay in person, and take your equipment with you. Scammers have burned people on this forum. Urgency, secrecy, excuses, selling for friend, newish members, FUD, are RED FLAGS. A video conference call is not adequate assurance. Face to face interactions are required. Please report suspicions to the forum admins. Stay Safe - anyone can get scammed.

60G compressor with no motor - what's it worth?

Well I asked the seller to send a picture of the welded tag on the tank, he did 2013!

Magically aged 8 years in 5 minutes. I can't trust anything this guy is telling me.
Magically lowball him in person with cash, just pull it out of your pocket, works wonders when you are dealing with "magical" sellers

I'd probably be interested at around $200-$250.

Age, apparent visible rust on the pump. Unknown state of the pressure vessel. ie: was it ever drained regularly, or at all?

But I don't have to run out and buy a motor, as I have one or two around that may work. Factor in the costs of a new motor, and possibly a rebuild kit on the Compressor, and it doesn't look like much of a deal compared with just buying a new one.

Well I asked the seller to send a picture of the welded tag on the tank, he did 2013!

Magically aged 8 years in 5 minutes. I can't trust anything this guy is telling me.
Love those guys, try this guy he sounds pretty honest

1694641103800.webp

Back