Show us your pups

jcdammeyer

John
Premium Member
Yeah, well... You had other things on yer mind of late!

Can't ALWAYS keep all the fingers, on all the pulses! :)
I went on a doggy walk without the dog. Walked much faster an in effect did two days of doggy walks without the pause, sniff, amble, stop etc.
Learned something interesting. Don't spend nearly as much time taking in nature, appreciating the beauty of where I live when I'm busy walking fast for exercise.

There's a movie called "Collateral Beauty". https://www.imdb.com/title/tt4682786/ Watched it few times and now own it. However at the moment, because of Misha and now Anja, can't really bring ourselves to sit down and watch it again. Even the thought just brings tears to my eyes.

But if I were to use today's walk as an example of the collateral beauty of Anja's passing is to stop, look around and smell the forest. It's easy to forget that.

We will watch this again in the near future.

combustable herbage

Ultra Member
Premium Member
I believe we are all given opportunities to see nature in some of the most fascinating ways but we miss out sometimes because we don't take it in. Recently I was on a walk and a crow in a tree caught my attention, as it flew out of the tree it looked like it was going to land in a yard across the road but at the last second it dived at a fox and the fox started running towards the back of the house and then not a second later a rabbit blast out from under a tree in the opposite direction so it looked like the crow saved the rabbit but why? Why did the rabbit live? Why was I the only one to see it? Why why why, in death and grieving this is such a tough question we may or may not every understand why but it changes us in ways that can foster new attitudes and awareness in ourselves that we never knew existed. When I started walking I was very business like just as you are, but for me it has become so much more than walking, taking in nature, meeting new people and chatting with old friends and good for clearing the mind and coming back into the moment of the day. Hoping for better days for you John.

Tomc938

Ultra Member
Premium Member
I agree. We often move so fast we don't see the beauty all around us. We moved to Campbell River 23 years ago. It's a place of breathtaking beauty. My wife and I agreed that if we ever took the beauty or granted we didn't deserve to live here and would move away.

Still loving it.

Having lost a child 32 years ago, I can tell you things will get better. The scar is always there, but you get through the dark days in time.

Screenshot 2024-04-19 at 8.43.58 AM.png

Last edited:

Susquatch

Ultra Member
Administrator
Premium Member
if I were to use today's walk as an example of the collateral beauty of Anja's passing is to stop, look around and smell the forest. It's easy to forget that.

My wife and I have an ongoing battle over this challenge. I've always been less interested in the exercise than in stopping to smell the flowers. She watches her pulse rate and steps per minute. The walk IS my objective while the exercise IS hers. Sometimes she will stop for something especially interesting, and sometimes I will race to catch up - so we somehow manage. I love taking the grandkids along. They love the woodlore stories I show them how to read, and they love to stop and enjoy virtually every little detail. No tiny pebble is too small to go unnoticed - often even more than I do. It's sooooo damn precious.

I lost both my dogs last year and "WE" have decided not to replace them. The I in we is not so certain of that.

Last edited:

whydontu

I Tried, It Broke
Premium Member
My little pup is at the vet today, she took exception to a much larger dog being on HER block, but lost the exchange. So she won’t be going for any long walks for the next few days until the meds wear off. But walks are the best thing, second only to walks and playing fetch. Long walks with lots of sniffs are good too.

IMG_1656.jpeg

Doggggboy

Ultra Member
My little pup is at the vet today, she took exception to a much larger dog being on HER block, but lost the exchange. So she won’t be going for any long walks for the next few days until the meds wear off. But walks are the best thing, second only to walks and playing fetch. Long walks with lots of sniffs are good too.

View attachment 46884
Get well soon, pup.
Sometimes it IS the size of the dog in the fight.

jorogi

My lab has sds (small dog syndrome) too. A couple of years back she wouldn't shut up so I go out to check what's up. A hundred feet into the woods is a really pissed off, snarling momma bear in front of a cub and 20 feet above Moggy, in a tree was the other cub doing a pretty good impersonation of its mama. One very proud dog.

Mcgyver

Ultra Member
I know there are a few who don't like it, but I'm not one of them. In fact, it's actually one of the reasons I love this forum.

Kind of agree, like a good conversation at a party with people whose company you enjoy.

There is a watchmaking forum I used to really like and was quite active in. But then some very retentive types start trying to act like site librarians. They picked like 30 sticky topics and started constantly moving posts into them or combining threads. Weenies and busybodies took over and messed up every conversation. Too bad because there were some very knowledgeable folks there, but I couldn't take it anymore

Janger

(John)
Administrator
Vendor
Our girls dog and our dog. Leon and Mork.

Leon is the dog who went AWOL for 10 days and came back starving and a wreck. Both our dogs are great pyr's and rescues. They have issues but are both coming along. Mork we adopted at 6 months and he is terrified of skateboards. He won't go past the house with teenagers and a skateboard ramp. Leon spent his first 6 months in a dark garage living with a cat. He won't walk in the daylight, scared of men, very timid. They are both great with people and the family so we are working on helping them.

Attachments

• 72530890145__E2120729-9096-489E-A1A3-3DFEF64BEDB3.jpeg
    72530890145__E2120729-9096-489E-A1A3-3DFEF64BEDB3.jpeg
    588 KB · Views: 7

Doggggboy

Ultra Member
Our girls dog and our dog. Leon and Mork.

Leon is the dog who went AWOL for 10 days and came back starving and a wreck. Both our dogs are great pyr's and rescues. They have issues but are both coming along. Mork we adopted at 6 months and he is terrified of skateboards. He won't go past the house with teenagers and a skateboard ramp. Leon spent his first 6 months in a dark garage living with a cat. He won't walk in the daylight, scared of men, very timid. They are both great with people and the family so we are working on helping them.
I've been wondering how the re-introduction of Leon went after his big adventure.
Thanks for the update.
This is Seamus. Also answers to Dickhead.
ACDs are very much a one person dog and....I'm not that person. My wife is:(
AP1GczMFPxKlIXTXKEYwbS9mY9vwIEp7O33D8LznoyotE4KLZZO2lH5tZjAg9c_WrVz09aUbGskv7voGrsBoT-MFRtdZVeDG3kTiDgvUWYdD5I9s2JbOPpf0pMU0uWzMoOxOa3fi-kjYDQYpGPVGnrRxKUFvAa7zVIzZoVNTH1kHogq6Drx6E8-YncsC1WpuIsdMuK4uThrL8G5hIvnUNG27QwJnxmD7K_WahIMqW_aRbm6ghm1zQeQW8_tWjhA-g_GenDz1kpanqz9K5Q1MNjRSSw7j3qtFWQ6F24HQSFGHdy7Ff8uGxIUMLtr1rqXvwdeJYzq2oiL6g4CSbpIpMGR2hIFO9NpqehARTz8bdg_BGYi4lxo4HdF0LQeziJtfxfXC3WX7q2-3r6PFHgKqKSKFuWqXhZ5E5-TVYqnc7fcnPkGG2N6P6MUj9yMIAHpnq9KeWwEsjJXtmo5HgyUPEKHgLevvLj3L4-N035IeMZe3mlTPKi5dzTq0_JeEg7y7q29SgkgM1VQ_7IVL3ggYAl9DtflrXLjimJIoNApChHADeK0biyqN1WgoDt5v71lIS_7XPh2W-lh3-fxvPmCK9q3klqiJnErrDkgYA2GmJOcQjsX0g1CSDr_vgqjSh2jqG70WHh-BXMlMTru8_eVrbR9nEQIiOCVOwAbpLJ-RO1nD3AP3h686nUF59OYc3EDu9RaJAgabJ_bIfa_qMyB3eG33RycHsqxcKttqtebkpiDjffaZ2mpw3mOCx4Ooltr-z0eMc80JmtXL0BczeM-rTIGP0KYkPP9Dp4udb-cpqzw8t6847cJz-sDB2hWX1Wsqw4zFOnNAHCDxvRK2Q9PrG34Uwq4jTTh7SlXKBuOxPLdUdf9G0n_znqJTV6LcnEJ-ToIzuOv_CTp4HT1O770PJGUd_SfndbSDDCwqdEPCT1vb31xxK4rCx_cPV0lrvuCndBVQ-fQt5ookhn00PplURTlMgBgHoISK5_E_Ng8=w1080-h1620-s-no-gm