• Scam Alert. Members are reminded to NOT send money to buy anything. Don't buy things remote and have it shipped - go get it yourself, pay in person, and take your equipment with you. Scammers have burned people on this forum. Urgency, secrecy, excuses, selling for friend, newish members, FUD, are RED FLAGS. A video conference call is not adequate assurance. Face to face interactions are required. Please report suspicions to the forum admins. Stay Safe - anyone can get scammed.

6” Atlas Lathe Calgary

His logic for selling at that price is unreasonable. If I were to build my truck from parts bought from a dealership it would likely cost 2x the value of a new one.

Agreed 100 times more hassle putting everything on ebay for the next 6 months and some stuff will go higher but lots of parts no one will want or it could take a long time to sell. In my opinion you take a few bucks less and have one shot someone come in and take it all.
The other thing is there is no tooling or extra accessories as well.

His logic for selling at that price is unreasonable. If I were to build my truck from parts bought from a dealership it would likely cost 2x the value of a new one.
Totally agree. No one would build a machine from overpriced ebay parts but of course lots of people will buy or or two overpriced parts for an existing machine.

If I looked at my SB 13 machines as "parts" on eBay they would be worth 2x as much. Note some parts are listed for years.

Lathe is worth around maybe $600 if in good condition. It is an Atlas. Cheapest lathe available back in the day. I would rather own a 7x12 or 7x14 or 7x16 Chinese lathe that is few decades newer and probably better made (!). At least parts are easy to get and you can upgrade say spindle bearings to top of the line for cheap or similar changes if you desire.

You can get used 7x12 for 600.

Back