• Scam Alert. Members are reminded to NOT send money to buy anything. Don't buy things remote and have it shipped - go get it yourself, pay in person, and take your equipment with you. Scammers have burned people on this forum. Urgency, secrecy, excuses, selling for friend, newish members, FUD, are RED FLAGS. A video conference call is not adequate assurance. Face to face interactions are required. Please report suspicions to the forum admins. Stay Safe - anyone can get scammed.

20? Ton shop press

Jswain

Joe
Found a reason to start another project.

Picked this guy up for $75. Didn't come with any plates but I have 4 pieces of 3/4" that'll work. I believe it's 20t, unsure about the bottle jack but it works & holds pressure. Top beam has a very slight curve to it, may weld in a piece of 3/4" plate where the bottle jack pushes but we'll see.

Might upgrade to an air - hydraulic jack, will definitely build a new press brake for it(maybe swag finger style). And have to flip the right leg around. I have my 12t on wheels but I may leave this one without.

I really like that the press pin is threaded, gives me some things to machine.

Attachments

• 1000008158.webp
    1000008158.webp
    398.7 KB · Views: 15
Hard to go wrong for $75!

IIRC, I paid a bit under $200 for mine, new, from a now defunct tool supplier in Kamloops BC, and the work I was able to do with it essentially paid for it about three times over in saving that I no longer had to spend on Italian made Agricultural parts, after a wreck while haying.

Keep your eyes open for sections of dimensional bar stock suitable for adding a thicker or thinner spacer under the work, it's much more convenient than pumping the ram down all the way to the next adjustment hole below...

And either weld on a lever to the release screw, or dedicate a small set of vice-Grips to the job, it makes easing off the pressure ever so much easier!

Hard to go wrong for $75!

IIRC, I paid a bit under $200 for mine, new, from a now defunct tool supplier in Kamloops BC, and the work I was able to do with it essentially paid for it about three times over in saving that I no longer had to spend on Italian made Agricultural parts, after a wreck while haying.

Keep your eyes open for sections of dimensional bar stock suitable for adding a thicker or thinner spacer under the work, it's much more convenient than pumping the ram down all the way to the next adjustment hole below...

And either weld on a lever to the release screw, or dedicate a small set of vice-Grips to the job, it makes easing off the pressure ever so much easier!
Went with a 3d printed knob this time. Last one I welded up a square T handle but I think I prefer this one.

Attachments

• 1000008178.webp
    1000008178.webp
    265.8 KB · Views: 11
  • 1000008177.webp
    1000008177.webp
    342.2 KB · Views: 11
That's the same as a Princess auto 20 T press they used to sell . I have one , about 20 years old . I found it was too low and added some 8" channel riser's to put it at a more comfortable height .

Back