• Scam Alert. Members are reminded to NOT send money to buy anything. Don't buy things remote and have it shipped - go get it yourself, pay in person, and take your equipment with you. Scammers have burned people on this forum. Urgency, secrecy, excuses, selling for friend, newish members, FUD, are RED FLAGS. A video conference call is not adequate assurance. Face to face interactions are required. Please report suspicions to the forum admins. Stay Safe - anyone can get scammed.

20 inch Rotary Table, $2000, Napanee, ON

38522f15-b8b1-42b3-9ee8-4c4c9b4ac7c7

Neat as it is, I think he's never gonna see that for it. In my opinion, its worth a couple hundred bucks on the outside, only limited on the lower end by whatever 600 pounds of iron is worth at the scrappers.

Any machine shop that is looking to make actual money, has CNC Mills that will do ALL and MORE, with the software.
I spent three months learning about all the things that could be done on a R/T, on a formal Military "Advanced Machining" course. Really, it IS a LOT of stuff that can be done, and a LOT of neat skills were learned there. But a small shop with almost junk for CNC mills, can accomplish more, faster and cheaper. Educational and , really, fun, as it was, it was also a step back to an archaic age, as far as Machining was concerned.

So it becomes a matter of finding the niche. Who, in the hobby side, needs a 20 inch, and 600+pound rotary table? Show of hands? Think how big the table will need to be, what cranes you will need to move it on and off the table, as well as, probably most importantly, do you have any actual need for the capacity?

Back