• Scam Alert. Members are reminded to NOT send money to buy anything. Don't buy things remote and have it shipped - go get it yourself, pay in person, and take your equipment with you. Scammers have burned people on this forum. Urgency, secrecy, excuses, selling for friend, newish members, FUD, are RED FLAGS. A video conference call is not adequate assurance. Face to face interactions are required. Please report suspicions to the forum admins. Stay Safe - anyone can get scammed.

18" Rotary Table, Windsor, $75

YYCHM

(Craig)
Premium Member
https://www.kijiji.ca/v-tool-other/windsor-area-on/18-rotary-table/1564392378?undefined

$_59.JPG

-- not practical in hobby or professional machine shop. that's why it's 75$ It's going to weigh between 250 and 300 lbs.

@Dabbler : that thing might make a really sweet positioning table for welding? Throw a wee gear motor and control on it and you have a nice rotating welding table for welding up pipe and other type fixtures - has a nice bit of hold down slots as well.......just thinking...

Description
18" rotary turntable for milling machine. $75 or goes to scrap Friday. Need 2 people to lift

Well @YYCHM it is a two person lift and I can believe that it is in around 300 to 350 lbs. My 12" table is a solid 170 lbs and they doo tend to weigh in exponentially - it would take a few folks to lug that bad boy.

We are up in T-Bay doing some work at Slate Islands re-building some ranges used to guide ships and water craft into the the islands. Beautiful spot! Then back down to Parry Sound.

I was hoping to make a date with @ShawnR and get a view of his 72 x 2 and the new family addition but the Covid lockdown and our own ship rules prevents visitations.

But, anyway - If guys see tools like that rotary table out there for real cheap you don't need to use it for it purpose it was originally built for - Think about it Craig - That thar table might have a wee worm drive in it that could fit yer shaper.....ya never know.....

If I had a pickup truck and there was no pandemic in play, I would probably go for it. Might use my engine crane to load it. Even then just the cost of gas to go from my place to Windsor and back could double the cost.

Ahhhh, I thought you were closer. Wasn't that lathe you picked up in Windsor?

@YYCHM : a bit complicated and I have a few irons in some auctions for a few items. It would be a sweet welding positioning table - but I have no place to put it ........it is heavy as all get out - @Chicken lights Dave is a super great guy but going to pick up 300 pounds of stuff I have no idea where it is located other than "Windsor" - I may write the guy and see if he can not "throw it out" but then that begets a trip....hmmmmmmmmmmm

If my wee township did not condemn building outbuildings over 750 sq ft I would be laughing.........bastards......I guess it is ok to have a "workspace in your house" but not on a couple acres....alas..

@YYCHM : a bit complicated and I have a few irons in some auctions for a few items. It would be a sweet welding positioning table - but I have no place to put it ........it is heavy as all get out - @Chicken lights Dave is a super great guy but going to pick up 300 pounds of stuff I have no idea where it is located other than "Windsor" - I may write the guy and see if he can not "throw it out" but then that begets a trip....hmmmmmmmmmmm

If my wee township did not condemn building outbuildings over 750 sq ft I would be laughing.........bastards......I guess it is ok to have a "workspace in your house" but not on a couple acres....alas..
Seriously , let me know if this is a thing you want

I’ll do what I can

Back