• Scam Alert. Members are reminded to NOT send money to buy anything. Don't buy things remote and have it shipped - go get it yourself, pay in person, and take your equipment with you. Scammers have burned people on this forum. Urgency, secrecy, excuses, selling for friend, newish members, FUD, are RED FLAGS. A video conference call is not adequate assurance. Face to face interactions are required. Please report suspicions to the forum admins. Stay Safe - anyone can get scammed.

12x36 Lathe Central Okanagan (Kelowna) BC $400

whydontu

I Tried, It Broke
Premium Member
One of our BC Interior members needs to go get this

0A9E8F7E-F8B7-4C41-A9F5-1DECA87B1F7B.jpeg

Attachments

• F6706978-1D9C-4E28-8378-E6A1B1FBE489.jpeg
    F6706978-1D9C-4E28-8378-E6A1B1FBE489.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 30

DPittman

Ultra Member
Premium Member
Oh boy that's not for everyone. Even at only $400, personally I'd pass on that. I'd be afraid of missing /un-repairable parts. But if a fellow had another similar parts machine...

Last edited:

Downwindtracker2

That's a Taiwanese generic . They are pretty common but no longer made. Mine is a BusyBee. There is a Grizzly version. An earlier version from the look of the norton style gearbox housing. I used ordinary Timken bearings when I changed the belts. That's what was in it .

Last edited:

6.5 Fan

Ultra Member
Premium Member
I wonder why the tailstock appears to be a nice gray color and the machine base is green, somebody painting stuff or different machine.

DPittman

Ultra Member
Premium Member
I wonder why the tailstock appears to be a nice gray color and the machine base is green, somebody painting stuff or different machine.
To me the gray tailstock does not look like the typical matching Asian tailstock for that lathe. Maybe it's from another make as you suggest.

garageguy

Super User
Premium Member
Tail stock is def. from something else. Might be some pieces that a person could part out, like maybe the chuck and apron parts? Motor ?