• Scam Alert. Members are reminded to NOT send money to buy anything. Don't buy things remote and have it shipped - go get it yourself, pay in person, and take your equipment with you. Scammers have burned people on this forum. Urgency, secrecy, excuses, selling for friend, newish members, FUD, are RED FLAGS. A video conference call is not adequate assurance. Face to face interactions are required. Please report suspicions to the forum admins. Stay Safe - anyone can get scammed.

1 PH to 3 PH 3.7 KW VFD $68.99 & Free Shipping

Google translate will accept a picture of any language and translate it including Mandarin. it will also suck in audio and do the same. pretty amazing. there is a similar app on apple phones.

Google translate will accept a picture of any language and translate it including Mandarin. it will also suck in audio and do the same. pretty amazing. there is a similar app on apple phones.

Went that route and have a usable manual now. No means of assigning Rev to the MF-K key that I can see.

The quality of the Amazon unit is 10 times better than the DOA unit AliExpress shipped me. Just doesn't appear to support rev from the key pad.

I bought a Hitachi VFD 3 or 4 years ago - it was more money than some of the others but the manual was in well written English and I trust (hope) that most of the inner components are of a higher grade and will hold up better. IIRC, it is 3 hp rated and I've put it on a 2 hp motor. I over speed the motor at times (90 Hz) which spins the 1740 motor up to about 2600 rpm, at other times, I run it @ 6 Hz which gives me ~180 rpm. When run at ~2600 rpm, I've got to be less aggressive on the ramp up / ramp down on the start / stop or it will trip and I have to re set it. I assume that if I had put a 4 or 5 hp unit on it, I could be more aggressive with those settings (not that I need to, it was just fun to play with those settings). Much more versatile than single phase.

I've had the Huanyang 3 KW (4HP) one on my mill (3HP motor) for 5 years and more recently bought a Teco Westinghouse one for my lathe. I think the only real difference is in the quality of the users manual. The Huanyang one is a passable translation but the Teco manual is excellent. The much cheaper Huanyang actually has a nice feature that the Teco does not, the ability to remove the display/control board and relocate it using a longer cable. I did this on my mill, got the cable on ebay for a few dollars. It was recommended by the vendor of the Hyanyang (solar jean on ebay) that I used the 4hp inverter to run a 3hp motor. When I bought the Teco from E-motors Direct they said there was no need for that so I went with a 3hp model. Both have worked flawlessly so far.

that the Teco does not, the ability to remove the display/control board and relocate it using a longer cable. I did this on my mill, got the cable on ebay for a few dollars.

I did the same. I have a 3D STL file for a 'case' to put the display in (has the back port cut out and screw holes for mounting). Works great.

Back