• Scam Alert. Members are reminded to NOT send money to buy anything. Don't buy things remote and have it shipped - go get it yourself, pay in person, and take your equipment with you. Scammers have burned people on this forum. Urgency, secrecy, excuses, selling for friend, newish members, FUD, are RED FLAGS. A video conference call is not adequate assurance. Face to face interactions are required. Please report suspicions to the forum admins. Stay Safe - anyone can get scammed.

Metal Punch Set - Not Greenlee

fixerup

Super User
What I really like about the Neiko set you posted is it has a centering pointer. It aligns the punch much better when making washer like gaskets, shims....
Align the center pointer to a prick punch marking, punch the O.D , align the center pointer, punch the I.D and you got a well centered washer. Unlike my cork punch set there is no way to align the diameters, unless I take a divider and draw the diameters on the materials.

These knife edge type of punches tend to cut softer material better. It might deform the metal shim materials you are trying to cut. Using the right backing material would improve the finish product. Maybe a dollar store kitchen cutting board or a self healing mat could be a good backing.