• Scam Alert. Members are reminded to NOT send money to buy anything. Don't buy things remote and have it shipped - go get it yourself, pay in person, and take your equipment with you. Scammers have burned people on this forum. Urgency, secrecy, excuses, selling for friend, newish members, FUD, are RED FLAGS. A video conference call is not adequate assurance. Face to face interactions are required. Please report suspicions to the forum admins. Stay Safe - anyone can get scammed.

who recerts welding cylinders?

Proxule

Ultra Member
Hey fellas.

Have an old argon bottle that finally is empty.... I use old smokey more then I do TIG.
Any way I had linde recert my bottle for FREE with a refill. This was 4 or 5 yrs ago.
Linde is now gone and the cheapest quote from any one I got here in edm was 150$

What gives ?
Any one do it cheaper or free?
Its a 110cuft bottle. The 4 footer model from kms tools.

Thanks guys

DavidR8

Scrap maker
Administrator
Premium Member
Hey fellas.

Have an old argon bottle that finally is empty.... I use old smokey more then I do TIG.
Any way I had linde recert my bottle for FREE with a refill. This was 4 or 5 yrs ago.
Linde is now gone and the cheapest quote from any one I got here in edm was 150$

What gives ?
Any one do it cheaper or free?
Its a 110cuft bottle. The 4 footer model from kms tools.

Thanks guys
I checked on this recently and there's a fire equipment supplier here that hydro tests extinguishers. They also do hydro test other similar pressure vessels.
Maybe that's an avenue to explore?