• Scam Alert. Members are reminded to NOT send money to buy anything. Don't buy things remote and have it shipped - go get it yourself, pay in person, and take your equipment with you. Scammers have burned people on this forum. Urgency, secrecy, excuses, selling for friend, newish members, FUD, are RED FLAGS. A video conference call is not adequate assurance. Face to face interactions are required. Please report suspicions to the forum admins. Stay Safe - anyone can get scammed.

Sticky What Machines Do You have?

Susquatch

Ultra Member
Administrator
Premium Member
I guess that why people move west, then east, then west, then east........LOL!

slow-poke

Ultra Member
We were living in Mississauga, some "guy" a proxy buyer bought every house on our street over a period of a few years. Apparently in total he purchased more than 100 houses in the GTA. We were planning on moving to Ottawa but not for a couple of years so we discussed with an agent and she arranged the sale of our house and we could remain living in the house for up to three years for $1/month rent. It was too good of a deal to turn down. We were then able to really shop around in Ottawa, we ended up doing a private sale for a house exactly like we were looking for. One guy down our street in Mississauga changed his address to include an 8, he sold to the same guy not sure if the 8 made any difference in the end. The market in the GTA was crazy.

J.mac

Hey everyone, I'm a new member here and I'm embarking on a new adventure in metalworking. Previously, I was heavily involved in woodworking, home renovation, electronics, home automation, and 3D printing. I still love doing these, but miss having a set of tools in my arsenal for making really precise and strong parts. So, I've decided to dive into the world of metalworking, adding another exciting and potentially very expensive hobby to my list. I'm looking forward to learning from all of you!

Relevant machines I have so far:
- Lathe - CX 706 Busybee (Recently purchased)
- 3D Printer - Voron Switchwire
- 8" Bandsaw - Delta
- lots of woodworking tools (table saw, mitre saw, etc.)

Would like to have or will be needing soon:
- Lots of Lathe tooling - I'm just starting out with the basics included with my lathe
- Disc and Belt Grinder
- Vertical Mill (if only I had more room)

Welcome from Lillooet BC. You have come to the right place, not only will we help you fullfil your list, but we will expand it far beyond your imagination.
The belt grinder would be a great shop build, and a worthy excuse to start buying some new tools. You should be able to make your own $1500.00 belt grinder for just a little over $2000.00. :rolleyes:

Susquatch

Ultra Member
Administrator
Premium Member
Welcome from Ontario Farm Country south of Chatham. I grow rocks and help other members spend their money.

Many of us work on both metal and wood.

and potentially very expensive hobby
..... I think we might have a nibble....... and the way he acknowledges that it's going to cost him a bunch suggests that he may have been a boat owner, so he is already accustomed to throwing good money after bad into money pits:rolleyes:
@DavidR8 , you're really good at rendering some pretty nice shop plans, I think he would like something with a dog house suite in it for that week following a major tool purchase ....:p

Have no fear @J.mac, we've got your back. :cool: (I noticed in your original post that you are a little bit shy on space....);)

Ironman

Ultra Member
Can we start a thread for "If You/I/We win the lotto, Every one gets a free........" lol
zero turn mower:rolleyes:
Hey everyone, I'm a new member here and I'm embarking on a new adventure in metalworking. Previously, I was heavily involved in woodworking, home renovation, electronics, home automation, and 3D printing. I still love doing these, but miss having a set of tools in my arsenal for making really precise and strong parts. So, I've decided to dive into the world of metalworking, adding another exciting and potentially very expensive hobby to my list. I'm looking forward to learning from all of you!
Ah ha, another victim. We will spend your money, just ask us how.:p

djberta

Premium Member
Current eq:
Standard modern 9” lathe, currently trying to get it in to my basement.
Busy bee B244 lathe, currently fitting els. Future plans to have as a dedicated threading lathe.
Busy bee RF30 clone, still no dro.
Lots of tooling for me, from what I have seen of other members ,collections, mine does not even scratch the surface.
Several drill presses, including a lovely beaver one.
Some older wood box test equipment.
A pile of test Meters. Fluke and others.
As a trades person lots of hand and cordless tools.
Ender 3pro 2018. Lots of upgrades, sprite extruder, octo pi.
Ender 3 S2, 2023. Sprite ext, octo pi, other mods.
Ender Cr30 infinite z, belt printer, lots of mods. Octo pi.
1954 40c John deere basket case, for sale.
1958 420c John Deere, complete, running for sale.
1971 Camaro SS. 406 street/strip, never for sale, bury me in it.