• Scam Alert. Members are reminded to NOT send money to buy anything. Don't buy things remote and have it shipped - go get it yourself, pay in person, and take your equipment with you. Scammers have burned people on this forum. Urgency, secrecy, excuses, selling for friend, newish members, FUD, are RED FLAGS. A video conference call is not adequate assurance. Face to face interactions are required. Please report suspicions to the forum admins. Stay Safe - anyone can get scammed.

Milling Machine and 60 Ton Press - Grand Forks, BC

DavidR8

Scrap maker
Administrator
Premium Member
That's the asking on the mill. Another $3K for the press...
Given the age and condition of the mill, I'd say that's maybe $2K for the mill tops.

Tom Kitta

Ultra Member
Mill is old and has rust - its over 40 years old and not a quality made iron. Maybe a 1500 - maybe a bit more if vice and accessories come with it. It is not an RF - its an old BB mill that is a tiny non-ram version of B-port. 40 years ago Asian imports were not as well made as today.
Press? Maybe few hundred dollars. They are not really worth that much used - I passed a 100t for like 300 CAD. They come around often on auctions. Maybe more with threading stuff thrown in.

So if someone wants this I would offer 2000 for both with all accessories.

BTW - a full size B-port can be had without too much sweat for 4000.

Dabbler

ersatz engineer
That is a B048 mill from Busy Bee. I had one, and sold it to Janger MUCH cheaper than 5k$ - and it was in showroom condition. The upside (?) with that mill is that it is 2000 lbs. So it is very rigid for a small machine. With rust, no tools, and the big shortcoming: the spindle is only 7" from the column - it is a 2k$ machine MAX. probably less.

trlvn

Ultra Member
Saving a picture for when the ad goes away:

$_59.JPG

Craig in Oakville

Crosche

Super User
You didn't post it, I did. And Ya, I thought 5K sounded a little off. Might be worth watching to see if the price changes though.

Can't imagine that there have been any serious offers
2000 lbs???

Chad, does your mill weight 2K?

Craig

Busy Bee Tools lists the weight as 450 kg (992 lb) which seems correct to me since I just hoisted my mill with a 2 ton engine hoist with the boom extended and had no issue with deflection.

Dabbler

ersatz engineer
Mine was from 1996, and the sheet said it weighed 2000 lbs (perhaps Janger has that user manual I mailed to him. I have since deleted it.)

anyway, the series I bought were way heavier than 1000lbs. I didn't have a crane scale at the time. but was about right for weight.

Yes the new ones are only 1100 lbs. Mine had 1" thick casting on the riser and base, contributing to the extra weight.

DavidR8

Scrap maker
Administrator
Premium Member
I didn't know that a version of this machine is still available as CX603. I note that it's sale for $5500.

Dabbler

ersatz engineer
yeah, that's the 1000 lb version. A nice machine, as long as you can live with the few shortcomings.

DavidR8

Scrap maker
Administrator
Premium Member
Well.... he ain't budging so far.

I don't recollect seeing this in the original ad. "Type KF VO A1, Mfg # 64509, 1978, Kao Feng Machine Co"
He didn't reply to my note on pricing. So I presume he either hasn't received the email, doesn't care and therefore likely won't negotiate.