• Scam Alert. Members are reminded to NOT send money to buy anything. Don't buy things remote and have it shipped - go get it yourself, pay in person, and take your equipment with you. Scammers have burned people on this forum. Urgency, secrecy, excuses, selling for friend, newish members, FUD, are RED FLAGS. A video conference call is not adequate assurance. Face to face interactions are required. Please report suspicions to the forum admins. Stay Safe - anyone can get scammed.

Machine repair

Martin w

I have a three year old Altendorf edgebander at work. The hex drive that runs the glue pot wore out. I couldn’t wait for parts from Germany. So I made my own.
I took some 1” diameter brass rod and made 19mm hex with a rotary table on the mill, drilled and reamed a 12 mm hole. Then made a 3mm key way using the cross slide on my lathe as a shaper
Worn part is on the left in the picture. I believe it wasn’t inserted right from day one. Works better than it ever has.Saved an $800 tech visit and not sure what the part would’ve cost.plus downtime.
Martin
Resized_20240117_192207.jpeg

Last edited:

Martin w

Made a gear shift knob for an old truck a while back on my boring mill.I didn’t get a picture after I parted it off and drilled and tapped the hole.
Marin
20230913_184843.jpeg 20230913_191151.jpeg