• Scam Alert. Members are reminded to NOT send money to buy anything. Don't buy things remote and have it shipped - go get it yourself, pay in person, and take your equipment with you. Scammers have burned people on this forum. Urgency, secrecy, excuses, selling for friend, newish members, FUD, are RED FLAGS. A video conference call is not adequate assurance. Face to face interactions are required. Please report suspicions to the forum admins. Stay Safe - anyone can get scammed.

Tool Let's Get This Started - Tool Test Tuesday

Tool

Arbutus

Super User
Premium Member
Something a little different for Tool Test Tuesday this week, I did a comparison of a bunch of different kinds of needle nose pliers:
Great video and very informative cos I'm looking for some pliers right now.
A suggestion - some of us dont hear too well, so some subtitling describing the scene such as the name of the tool, the test would be valuable. Also a final page summarizing the tests, held on screen until the close.

SomeGuy

Hobbyist
Great video and very informative cos I'm looking for some pliers right now.
A suggestion - some of us dont hear too well, so some subtitling describing the scene such as the name of the tool, the test would be valuable. Also a final page summarizing the tests, held on screen until the close.

You can turn on subtitles by hitting the "cc" button (or c on your keyboard) that YouTube provides :)

But adding some text on screen with models and values does make sense, I actually did more of than in my latest video on the impacts, will try to continue to do that more in the future.

6.5 Fan

Ultra Member
Premium Member
I totally agree with you on the robertson screw, philips should be banned and all the other new stuff is unnecessary.

LenVW

Process Machinery Designer
Premium Member
Not often I get to test the top/latest tools, but this one's a good one!
Has anybody used a REMOTE switch with their driver ?
I have seen a Millwaukee Model that has a Start-Stop wireless switch.

A friend of mine has many drivers and wants to temporarily mount them onto MH equipment and then use a Start-Stop ‘Remote’ to operate them.

SomeGuy

Hobbyist
Has anybody used a REMOTE switch with their driver ?
I have seen a Millwaukee Model that has a Start-Stop wireless switch.

A friend of mine has many drivers and wants to temporarily mount them onto MH equipment and then use a Start-Stop ‘Remote’ to operate them.

Do you have a link to such a thing? I've never seen one...

Also, new video tonight...comparing sixteen different tools at driving lag bolts :)

LenVW

Premium Member
Do you have a link to such a thing? I've never seen one...

Also, new video tonight...comparing sixteen different tools at driving lag bolts :)
I talked to the DeWalt ’product development’ rep and they were looking into the idea.
Milwaukee has a remote controlled power receptacle that works with Dust Collectors but not a specific control for drivers.

SomeGuy

Hobbyist
I talked to the DeWalt ’product development’ rep and they were looking into the idea.
Milwaukee has a remote controlled power receptacle that works with Dust Collectors but not a specific control for drivers.

Oh, that's neat. Would be really handy for my portaband on a table...I have a little GE switch thingy that goes on the plug, but having that wireless near me would be more convenient.

ChazzC

At US$120, it's not cheap; and it probably has the same issue as I have with my US$13 Fosmon - needs to be re-paired periodically, even if the power hasn't been out:

20240416 Fosmon Remote AC Switch.jpeg

UPDATE: After making this post, I decided to reach out to the Amazon Seller for the Fosmon unit I purchased in March of 2019 (5 years ago) to ask about a replacement since they have a "Limited Lifetime Warranty:" I sent my message via Amazon at 9:42am, received a reply at 10:18am asking for my contact info so they can send a replacement; I didn't see their message until 10:35am, sent them my info at 10:38am and just received (10:45am) their acknowledge meant that a replacement will be on it's way. Granted it's a one-time replacement, but I'm definitely impressed: although Milwaukee has a 3-year warranty on their switch, and I could buy (US$18) a 2-year HD warranty to take it to 5 years total, after 5 years & one month I'd be out of luck.

Last edited:

LenVW

Premium Member
At US$120, it's not cheap; and it probably has the same issue as I have with my US$13 Fosmon - needs to be re-paired periodically, even if the power hasn't been out:

View attachment 46789

UPDATE: After making this post, I decided to reach out to the Amazon Seller for the Fosmon unit I purchased in March of 2019 (5 years ago) to ask about a replacement since they have a "Limited Lifetime Warranty:" I sent my message via Amazon at 9:42am, received a reply at 10:18am asking for my contact info so they can send a replacement; I didn't see their message until 10:35am, sent them my info at 10:38am and just received (10:45am) their acknowledge meant that a replacement will be on it's way. Granted it's a one-time replacement, but I'm definitely impressed: although Milwaukee has a 3-year warranty on their switch, and I could buy (US$18) a 2-year HD warranty to take it to 5 years total, after 5 years & one month I'd be out of luck.
Thanks @ChazzC.
I will look into their products.

AntonB

Can i have geek out moment here. Ive watched this guys Chanel before joing this site. Damn its like being in the presence of a celebrity

SomeGuy

Hobbyist
Can i have geek out moment here. Ive watched this guys Chanel before joing this site. Damn its like being in the presence of a celebrity

That's pretty awesome :) I've been a member of this site since before I started the youtube channel.