• Scam Alert. Members are reminded to NOT send money to buy anything. Don't buy things remote and have it shipped - go get it yourself, pay in person, and take your equipment with you. Scammers have burned people on this forum. Urgency, secrecy, excuses, selling for friend, newish members, FUD, are RED FLAGS. A video conference call is not adequate assurance. Face to face interactions are required. Please report suspicions to the forum admins. Stay Safe - anyone can get scammed.

JCDammeyer's 42 projects

jcdammeyer

John
Premium Member
I got an AliExpress delivery today. I had thought about making these myself but at $3.53 each (3 units included shipping) I couldn't resist and I wasn't in a big hurry.
1713744414206.png

What for? Well many years ago I bought two LED Tech Pro TP-128 floodlamps for camera and video work. But they were designed to mount onto the hot-shoe of the camera. Not a tripod. I did have one of these but the one side snapped and although it's now glued back with super glue who knows how long it would work. And I had only one.

1713744709940.png

Now with the new ones I can mount two LED lamps on the two cheap Vivitar tripods bought specifically for them. They run on six 1.5V AA batteries and I have 12 rechargable ones I can use from Misha's stuff. Also they take a 9V adapter so that's also an option.

1713744782516.png

jcdammeyer

John
Premium Member
Very clever!
Thanks. Here's the pdf of the drawing. This was all done on April 6th and I really thought I'd end up making them but once I found them on AliExpress I realized I had enough projects on the go. Especially since my knurling, even in aluminum isn't the prettiest.

I've attached an Alibre Package file. I think Alibre ATOM can open that.

Attachments

• HotShoeClamp.pdf
    495 KB · Views: 1
  • HotShoeNut.pdf
    174.6 KB · Views: 2
  • HotShoeMount.zip
    735.7 KB · Views: 1